Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Mkdc   Dmetz   Mkdc   Dmetz  
 Member  Message

Mkdc
View Profile

Limp tail emperor scorpion

My emperor scorpions tail has been limp for about 5 days now. It started out stiff as a board now I can pick the tail up and move it anyway I want, its very limp. What do you think might be wrong with it? He moves fine, eats, drinks, his pinchers still work, still being aggressive, just his tail wonít curl up. its like it paralyzed. It eats crickets from the pet store, no sign of mites, has humidity between 60-80, temperature around 80, repti bark is the substrate. Any idea at all what may be wrong???

01/13/07  09:29pm

Dmetz
View Profile

Message To: Mkdc   In reference to Message Id: 1132136

Normally their tails only go limp like that after theyíve envenomated something, which imps. are less likely to do. Iím not sure why it would be that way still after several days.
Just donít mess with the scorpion. Give it time and see what happens.

01/15/07  06:14am

Mkdc
View Profile

Message To: Dmetz   In reference to Message Id: 1133819

hey man thank you for the insight!!! it seem like slowly he is regaining control of his tail a segment at a time it very strange... could it be that he is getting ready to molt??? i have heard they tend to molt in high humidity, is this true? i tend to keep it high as the scorpion tends to more comfortable

01/18/07  10:50am

Dmetz
View Profile

Message To: Mkdc   In reference to Message Id: 1137954

Imperators are rain forest scorpions so you want to keep the humidity high no matter what. If you havenít been, that might be part of the reason its tail is doing that....possibally dehydration but I donít know for sure exactly why the tail is doing that, it isnít really a sign of molting.

Just make sure you average the humiidity in the 80 to 90% range at leat once each day.

01/18/07  02:20pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area