Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Deathklown   Deathklown   Future_herpatologist  
 Member  Message

Deathklown
View Profile

Just thinkin

yea i was thinking of getting a emperor scorp but i dont know munch about them so can someone tell me if they’re hella aggressive, can they be tamed and wut to feed the bugger cause i want to be able to hold him but i dont want it to maul me so can somebody help me out

08/01/04  3:42am

Deathklown
View Profile

Message To: Deathklown   In reference to Message Id: 111793

Just thinkin

and i thought uv light caused stress on scorps but that care sheet says to use it the dik at petco told me it was ok but i dont know....

08/01/04  3:55am

Future_herpatologist
View Profile

Message To: Deathklown   In reference to Message Id: 111794

Just thinkin

emperor scorps arent agressive generaly but that veries from specimen to specimen feed babies pinhead crickets and adults any thing smaller than its pedipalps combined lifespan 4-6 years handling its a must when cleaning its terreum *cant spell* if you can just put your hand in front of its body and tickel its under side it should crawl onto your body and when it does your its new subtrait and ya dont see many scorpions stinging the floor do ya and uvs r ok they dont causs stress and they dont dirupt the sleep cycle of your scorp housing 10 gallon for its whole life with a little "den" for it to hide under like a piece of sturdy shale you can use vermiculite for subsrtate
breeding you need at least a 40 gallon tank for this one and a flat peice of shale right in the front of you females den so they can dance it will last for minutes or hours it depends its a 12 month gestation peroid and she will birth up to 15 babies theyll ride on her back and shell let them but after thier first shead she will kick em off and then you remove them because the are fair game for food now i have no clues when they reach sexual maturaty
hope that helps and email me with any further questions blackdragon38834@aol.com

08/01/04  1:32pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area