Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Sc0rpi0   Karrinne   Karrinne   Sc0rpi0  
 Member  Message

Sc0rpi0
View Profile

Heating question

Iíve got my 10 gal. tank all set up for an emp. scorpion, with a small sized heating pad on the side but the tank isnít even getting up to 70F, and the humidity is in the upper 40ís. I know the heat should be 70-80F, and the humidity should be about 75%, and I wanted to have it all right before putting the scorp. in. Should I get a bigger heating pad, or does it just take a while for it to heat the tank up?

11/14/06  08:12pm

Karrinne
View Profile

Message To: Sc0rpi0   In reference to Message Id: 1060907

Heating question

It can take up to 6 hours or more for the tank to get to a decent temp. Where is the tank located? It’s best to have it in a warmer part of the home. If the tank is in a smaller room, you could also turn on a space heater. The room will get nice and toasty, but the tank temp will get up to a decent temp quicker.

11/14/06  10:20pm

Karrinne
View Profile

Message To: Sc0rpi0   In reference to Message Id: 1060907

Heating question

It can take up to 6 hours or more for the tank to get to a decent temp. Where is the tank located? It’s best to have it in a warmer part of the home. If the tank is in a smaller room, you could also turn on a space heater. The room will get nice and toasty, but the tank temp will get up to a decent temp quicker.

11/14/06  10:25pm

Sc0rpi0
View Profile

Message To: Karrinne   In reference to Message Id: 1060996

Heating question

The tank is in our bedroom, which is relatively warm. Weíre still looking for the warmest place in the room to set up the tank permanently before getting the little fella and putting him in there.

11/15/06  02:29pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area