Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

FireEmt   Meee   FireEmt   Meee   Creepyguy  
 Member  Message

FireEmt
View Profile

I want to get one

i have and had soooo many different kinds of pets. im thinking about getting a scorpion. of course i am doing alot of research first but info from you all will help also. what is a good "starter" species? this guy i use to work with said he can find some and cut off the stinger if it scared me. i said NO!!!! that seem cruel, but im curious, would that hurt it or make it stressed? i promiss i wont have him do it im just wondering. also, can you handle them?

thank you!

10/08/06  06:15pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: FireEmt   In reference to Message Id: 1014622

I want to get one

that would most likely kill the scorpion. not only do they use the venom to kill the food, they have an open circulatory system and would bleed to death if if messed up, which being an idiot, he would.

my all time favorite beginners:

emps

asian hissing scorpions

desert hairys

israeli gold.

the first 2 are rain forest, the last two are desert. the later scorpion is my favorite of them. small = small cage, also, they are beautiful! their claws are almost as long as their body (not counting the tail)

i have kept all 4 for a number of years, so have many others. if you want, since their is so much bs on the web, we would gladly help you out on the set up for a cage,

10/08/06  06:47pm

FireEmt
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 1014657

I want to get one

thank you for a response. now i do not want to get one through him because that obviously shows he doesnt know much. for all i know i could be getting something different from what he says it is. im going to research all those before making a decision. thank you again.

10/08/06  11:29pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: FireEmt   In reference to Message Id: 1015024

I want to get one

good. it is better to research all and get info you dont need then not get the info you do need. also, kudos for not supporting a death shop, try to get a local breeder some business.

10/09/06  09:52pm

Creepyguy
View Profile

Message To: FireEmt   In reference to Message Id: 1014622

I want to get one

no way would i cut off the stinger...this would be extremely stressfull..get a forest, or emperor..to start off..then move up to the badboys..

10/11/06  05:23pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area