Salamander-Newts Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Salamander-Newts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hammosh   Hammosh   Takahiro111   Hammosh   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Hammosh
View Profile

Please Help Shwanky my newt Is Dying

]Please can anybody help!? My fire belly newt Shwanky is dying from some sort of infection. On his chest he has a wound. He has white stuff in his wound and refuses to eat anything! It’s like the skin is rotting or something he wasn’t like this last night. I thought he was dead this morning but he’s dying. A slow horrible death I can’t stand to my newt in this state. What scared me more is that he floated on his back and sank. Didn’t even attempt to swim. At least when I try to feed him I don’t know this is kinda weird when the food is brought up his little newt tail raises high up in the air as if he is actually trying to get to the food but when I try bringing it to his mouth and dangle it he never opens his mouth. I don’t know what I’m going to do! Shwanky’s going to die. I know it but I can’t look at him now and looks so much in pain. He’s starving because he does not eat and very sick. Please someone at least respond! Where can I go to help save my newt? Please...

02/17/16  06:57pm

Hammosh
View Profile

Message To: Hammosh   In reference to Message Id: 2317067

Shwanky just died a few minutes ago... I have to return him to the pet store to get my money back. Eh I’m so angry and upset that my pet newt died within four days since I bought him! That lady told me that it was just a healing wound. It was quite believable too but as it turns out it was a very nasty bacterial infection transferred from the pet store... I should not never bought him there, crappy shitty store! What goods a pet store when they are selling animals that just die within the first week of purchase?!

02/17/16  09:40pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Hammosh   In reference to Message Id: 2317072

Sad petstores don’t care for their pets. Order online from a breeder......best route to take. It was obviously an infection from the wound and petstore employees do what their good at selling sick animals to make a buck.

02/17/16  09:56pm

Hammosh
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2317076

Oh this really sucks I never thought that they would do that! Well I guess you learn when youre new at keeping and buying pets. I don’t understand why would they do that for a buck?! That’s just sick... I wish people would just care and make sure that the animals they sell aren’t sick at pet stores. Well I guess the only best solution for me like you said is buy online from a breeder. I still don’t understand why employees at pet stores are so careless. I can’t stand seeing a cute animal die. I think I won’t ever buy a pet from that store ever again.

02/18/16  06:17pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Hammosh   In reference to Message Id: 2317120

Look on YouTube or Google for breeder reviews before buying from a breeder. LLLReptiles,BHB reptiles are two of my favorite places. I limit how much I shop at local petstores because if they can’t care for their animals I’m sure reptile mites are waiting to hitch a ride.

02/18/16  06:41pm

Back to Salamander-Newts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area