Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Salamander-Newts Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Salamander-Newts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hammosh   Hammosh  

Member  Message

Hammosh
View Profile

Help My chinese firebelly newt won’t eat and my firebelly toad keeps attacking!

Help what can I do to help my fire bellied newt? I just got my newt on Sunday valentines day and it’s been three days since. My fire bellied toad Shmanky keeps attacking my newt Shwanky every time he sees it move in or near water. My newt is only one inch and my frog is two inches. Also my frog jumps on top of my newt preventing him from moving and whenever Shwanky tries getting on the rockstand Shmanky knocks him off almost everytime. Shwanky has also escaped the tank twice trying to get away from Shmanky and hasn’t eaten anything since the day I got him. Shwanky is currently hiding against the rockstand near the glass wall to get away from Shmanky. It is a very tight fit for the frog to get to and easy for newt to move around. Shwanky is sluggish and hardly moves now. Is there any way I can help my newt? Please anybody give any info that can help. I am very new at keeping amphibians as pets.

02/16/16  08:50pm

Hammosh
View Profile

Message To: Hammosh   In reference to Message Id: 2317041

Help My chinese firebelly newt won’t eat and my firebelly toad keeps attacking!

Please is there anyone anybody who has information to help Shwanky?! This morning he’s not moving I think my Chinese fire belly newt is dead! If Swanky doesn’t start moving anytime soon I think he would be dead or already dead. I just woke up from the comotion in my tank fron Shmanky the fire belly toad jumping and literally squeaking? I mean literally He was sqeaking! It woke me up and right now it’s 4:22 AM in the freaking morning! I have to get to school on time but I am no morning person so I’m freakin tired right now and I want to go back to sleep. I know I can’t go back to sleep if I think somethings wrong wish my new one inch long baby newt! What can I do?

02/17/16  05:03am

Back to Salamander-Newts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area