Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Salamander-Newts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Salamander-Newts Forum

Felocha/twizzler   Crotus   Crotus  
 Member  Message

Felocha/twizzler
View Profile

Help please

ok well i have been to 3 different sites, reptilecity, generalexotics, and reptilecritters. i am looking for a site that i can get salamander larvae, also known as water dogs, that is NOT tiger salamander larvae. i am looking for this site to be not exspe4nsive as i only have about $20.

anything will be helpful-other websites....

05/23/11  07:46pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Felocha/twizzler   In reference to Message Id: 2220667

Help please

I have not yet seen other specific types of salamander larvae being offered for sale (other than larval tigers) but will keep an eye out for it. However, I just discovered this interesting biological supply company called Ward’s that offers salamander eggs for sale ($19.50) and they also offer live spotted salamanders (18.50 each) and mudpuppies (15.95 ea). Mudpuppies as you probably know are a large aquatic salamander that lives as a permanent larva without metamorphosing (somewhat like an axolotl).
Please remember if you order living material like this that you will still have to pay an extra charge (not cheap usually) for overnight shipping, which is mandatory for a live guarantee.

Check it out here: http://wardsci.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_IG0013580

I will see if I can find any other sources, but consider this one. I myself am excited about it and may order something!

05/24/11  12:58pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2220772

Help please

Look, here are the spotted salamanders they have for sale:
http://wardsci.com/product.asp?pn=IG0013579

Spotteds are a very beautiful species in my opinion, large and tough like tigers but a little more delicate, not as delicate though as some of the smaller species. You need to take care to keep them cool. I don’t have any at the moment but just might want to buy a couple of them myself.

05/25/11  01:23pm

Back to Salamander-Newts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area