Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bamdy   Lani123   Bamdy  

Member  Message

Bamdy
View Profile

Rat Question

So, i had gotten some rats from a friend to breed as feeder rats, they were bout 6 weeks old when i got them, 2 females 1 male, they have been living with each other ever sence i got them. Now the problem is its been about almost four months, and none of them even look to be getting overly fat or anything that may show me that there pregnant. I have seen the male mount one of them once, but yeah nothing yet, any advice?

Thanks

04/10/12  07:47pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Bamdy   In reference to Message Id: 2262264

Rat Question

So do you want baby ratties? If not separate ASAP. If you do the females could be old (too old to breed) , or maybe they are just the types that don’t do it too fast. Or maybe you don’t know what your looking at with a prego. I had a mouse doe in with a buck for like 2 months and to this day she has never had babies. Some just don’t do it, or take a long while.

04/12/12  01:41pm

Bamdy
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2262482

Rat Question

yes i do want baby ratties :), i just got an older male rat and intruduced him to one of my females hoping he might beable to do the job, plus my other male needs company when my females are not needed to be bread. BUT that may be hard i tried to interduce clyde, and skunk ( being my two males) skunk the older and much bigger one seemed to enjoy the new friend and a bigger cage to roam around in, the person who i saved him from only had him in a tiny hamster cage that he could’t even stand up in or even barely turn around, but then cylde decided to go all ninja and stand up and some how managed to bite one of skunks toes on his back foot, so now im gotta wait til that heals to try and see if they will be friends.

Ps: kinda rambled on about nothing sorry :P

04/15/12  07:26pm

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area