Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum

50 cent keeper   Rebecca Wright  
 Member  Message

50 cent keeper
View Profile

Do you think they have mated? please help!

this past sunday i bought one male mice and one femal mice, so i can breed them for my pacman frog. i currently have them in a big tube, with newspaper and paper towl as substrate. a log hidout that i got from the pet store. and i put some food and water. they hav been eating and getting along great. they stay in my garage, which is usually around 80 degreese. they have been together for 4 days now and im wondering if you think they have probably mated by now, because i need to feed the male mouse to my frog, but i dont want to unless they have mated ofcourse. so what do you think? i notice the female hids a bit more. and i put sonflower seed as food, because i know when breeding they need a more fatning/protien diet.

thanks!

06/16/10  01:42pm

Rebecca Wright
View Profile

Message To: 50 cent keeper   In reference to Message Id: 2156267

Do you think they have mated? please help!

They probably have, but you wont know for sure until she gets close to having her litter which is about 3wks post mating, generally speaking when you put a male and a female together its not very long at all before they breed but sometimes for whatever reason they don’t mate.... Gl

06/16/10  10:07pm

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area