Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rebecca Wright   Greatballzofire   Rebecca Wright   Rebecca Wright   T-pain   Lani123  

Member  Message

Rebecca Wright
View Profile

Mouse questions

I decided to pop over here and ask about my mousey questions since everyone seems to be over here lol... My first question is bedding? Does anyone know a good place online or in northern cali that I can get a good size thing of woodchip bedding? the local pet store doesn’t seem to sell big enough packages anymore lol.... My second question is are there any mouseries anyone knows of in the northern cali region that has orangeish or siamese mice? I really want to add a couple of those type to my stock! Currently we have a grey peppered looking male, a black/white female, a brown/white female, a creamish female with ruby eyes, a black/dark grey female and two pups we are pretty sure will be black/white like their mom these were the only pretty mice we could find around here lol, thanks in advance!

06/07/10  11:17pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Rebecca Wright   In reference to Message Id: 2154138

Mouse questions

Some of my stock. I raise for color as well as feeders. I have silvers and gold and TANS among other pretty colors and have just started a line of shags (long hairs).

Check out your local feed store for kiln dried pine bedding which comes in compressed 3.5 cubic ft bales and expands to 8 ft. Used in horse stalls. America’s Choice Pine Bedding is what I use. It costs about 6 dollars a bale.

06/08/10  09:45am

Rebecca Wright
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2154206

Mouse questions

OH how pretty! lol I would love to get my hands on some of your orange looking guys :) I will definately check out the feed stores hadn’t thought of that lol :) long hairs sound pretty cool too eventually we might want to start working with that too lol never actually seen long haired mice in person :D lol I am surprised pet stores don’t sell those too! lol

06/08/10  11:53am

Rebecca Wright
View Profile

Message To: Rebecca Wright   In reference to Message Id: 2154236

Mouse questions

*update* our creamy female had her babies today :) looks like 6 or so (havent actually counted yet) im excited to see what colors they are :)

06/08/10  09:16pm

T-pain
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2154206

Mouse questions

Do u still have them great different colors mice

05/04/12  12:07am

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: T-pain   In reference to Message Id: 2265248

Mouse questions

Do not use pine or cedar EVER. it can cause fatal respiratory infections. If the infection crawls into lots of your stock, you could end up putting down 1/2 your stock of mice and spending 100s of dollars on antibiotics to treat the early infected’s.

05/16/12  03:20pm

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area