Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Bearded_dragon_0   EvilTrailMix   Bearded_dragon_0   Hartmeherps  
 Member  Message

Bearded_dragon_0
View Profile

Does anyone breed rabbit?

After I get the mouse breeding down I am going to breed rabbits. How many babies do they usually have for an average sized doe? Are there many problems to deal with?

07/24/09  10:15pm

EvilTrailMix
View Profile

Message To: Bearded_dragon_0   In reference to Message Id: 2044867

The average litter size for a rabbit is 6. Rabbits are much touchier about being disturbed than mice are, and eating their babies or refusing to care for them is not uncommon. Rabbits are also not as social as mice, and can become aggressive and be impossible to breed, even if they’ve been bred before.

This isn’t to say that all rabbits are terrible mothers or that it’s impossible to have a successful rabbit farm. It’s just not as easy as mice or rats. Personally, I would breed rats instead if I had a larger snake.

07/25/09  03:27pm

Bearded_dragon_0
View Profile

Message To: EvilTrailMix   In reference to Message Id: 2045181

I got some rabbits to breed the other day. It will be a few months before they can breed because I got babies. I hope it goes well.

08/07/09  02:07pm

Hartmeherps
View Profile

Message To: Bearded_dragon_0   In reference to Message Id: 2044867

Well first of all wt breed of rabbit is it there are rabbits that can be 3ilb to rabbits that can be 15ilb( ya its crazy) and you don’t keep them all in the same cage like mice they are to be bred when the doe is in heat u can tell when the genitalia are bright pink and when the male breeds her he has to fall off at least three times. He will stomp his feet and display after he falls off. and then put the female back wait 27 days then put a nesting box in and wait fr babies if u want to know more e-mail me!!!

hartemherps.weebly.com

12/10/09  10:11pm

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area