Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Van_jen2005   Cherrykins   Van_jen2005   Greatballzofire   Cherrykins   Van_jen2005  
 Member  Message

Van_jen2005
View Profile

Baby mouse

We have a mouse it is/was a feeder mouse but when I went to feed it to my water dragon the lil guy bit me and to my surprise his eyes where open....I cldnt feed him to my lizared after that...so I have him with mouse food and water..i put the food and water in a baby jar lid so that he can reach it....he is eating and running around....I hold him everyday so that he can be tame....well usally he will run into his house and hide and I have to get him out but last night he started squeaking at me and kicking me with his back legs but he doesnt bite me and he will step into my hand.....His he playing with me or is he scared of me? and he will just sit in my hand and walk around and clean himself even take food out of my hands.....

07/13/09  02:25pm

Cherrykins
View Profile

Message To: Van_jen2005   In reference to Message Id: 2038647

Baby mouse

My best bet would be that he’s just frightened...mice are easily spooked. If you’re reaching into his house to take him out, he probably just feels startled by you reaching in, and seeing as he’s not biting you back, it doesn’t seem you are a threat to him.

07/13/09  03:56pm

Van_jen2005
View Profile

Message To: Cherrykins   In reference to Message Id: 2038686

Baby mouse

he is so silly......i sit my hand in the cage and just rest it there and he is now coming out of his little hut and crawling in my hand while its sitting there...and its fun when i put new things in there to whatch him check it out...he is still eating well and super funny when he drinks...he puts his face to far in the bowl lol and jumps back but he is drinking and every morning i put a peice of his food in there it soakes up some of the water and he will eat it so that helps him get water easier also......I LOVE HIM

07/14/09  12:13pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Van_jen2005   In reference to Message Id: 2039106

Baby mouse

One thing I’d do for your new friend is get him a water bottle, as mice always foul their water with poop and pee if it is in a bowl.

07/14/09  01:01pm

Cherrykins
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 2039128

Baby mouse

He sounds like a sweetie. :)

07/15/09  03:12pm

Van_jen2005
View Profile

Message To: Cherrykins   In reference to Message Id: 2039787

Baby mouse

omgoodness he is getting to be a regular sized mouse....he is so sweet he loves me....lets me hold him no problem now.....i got him a wheel which he is still unsure of.....but im going to stick to the watering bowl cause he cant chew it up and Im a stay at home mom any how so I change the water daily and sometime 2 times when needed but he hasnt really soiled in his food or water yet.....He is all black and the tip of his tail is white....so Tippy is his name lol I didnt want to name him becouse I was afraid that he would pass away being so small but he is going to make it......So yes I no the name is not at all creative but Its his/her name ....

07/16/09  11:03am

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area