Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Reflex   Reflex   Greatballzofire  
 Member  Message

Reflex
View Profile

My rats - rescues/future breeders

These guys had gotten out of their cage at a pet shop when they were very young. They finally caught them 2 months later, and they weren’t in such great shape. I took them and helped them get back up to health, and possibly breed them in the future. Man, they really turn around fast!!! I have only 3 left now, 2 females and a male to keep. Sorry for the messy cage. The pics were taken right before cleaning. Here they are as of today:
Female#1 - B&W

Female#2 - Agouti

Male - Agouti

And here they were on 5/18, just 16 days before.

Female#1 is The one squished up to the glass on the far left of the first pic. She has her nose closest to the camera and has a big cream colored butt next to her face LOL!
Female#2 is The one in the first pic that is almost bald - whose nose is cut out of the picture on the far right. She is the one in the center ground of the second pic that looks like she’s got a tail coming out of her forehead.
The male you should be able to easily spot. He’s the big brown thing lol.

It’s amazing what some good food and water can do for a rat!

06/03/09  02:34am

Reflex
View Profile

Message To: Reflex   In reference to Message Id: 2015574

Oh gosh, I lied!
The first female is the one ON TOP OF the one that is squished up to the side of the glass... Lol sorry.

06/03/09  02:54am

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Reflex   In reference to Message Id: 2015579

Rats are tough little dudes for sure. They look a lot better in the later photos.

06/03/09  09:19am

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area