Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Greatballzofire   Brie Brie   Bearded_dragon_0   Greatballzofire  
 Member  Message

Greatballzofire
View Profile

A Successful Family

Hershey and Goldie and some of the babies. They aren’t all in the photo, being quite active at almost three weeks of age!

Bill, the father.

The babies at a younger age. This pile is Hershey’s, Goldie had hers a few days later in another corner of the nest box, then they all combined in a larger pile with both mamas nursing each others’ babies, and the papa helping with warmth and cleaning of the young.
These young are being raised as future breeding stock. I will keep the parents together as they have formed a successful bond. The next litters will be harvested as pinkies for my pyros.

01/07/09  10:21am

Brie Brie
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 1927876

A Successful Family

I LOVE rats, but I can’t have any,SOOO I bought a Gerbil. She’s close enough,right?

10/13/09  08:49pm

Bearded_dragon_0
View Profile

Message To: Greatballzofire   In reference to Message Id: 1927876

A Successful Family

They look good. I can’t breed mice. They just keep eating their babies. You have some good ones. LOL.

10/14/09  08:41pm

Greatballzofire
View Profile

Message To: Bearded_dragon_0   In reference to Message Id: 2084021

A Successful Family

Thanks! Since posting this thread my mouse population has exploded exponentially! I wound up selling and trading surplus mice for supplies with a local pet store and another reptile enthusiast. For the winter I am going to harvest the majority of my stock and freeze them, so I will be carrying just a few new breeders through the winter. I’ve had occasional cannibalism, but generally if the mice feel secure and content, it is rare.

One of my gold males and his mates; I’ve got many interesting colors and that is one of the reasons my mouse colony got so big.

10/16/09  09:31am

Back to Rodents-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area