Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Reptile Veterinarians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Reptile Veterinarians Forum

Armykid   Enyonam   Shinka  
 Member  Message

Armykid
View Profile

Not much time...help

any one help...ive recently adopted a 6 moth old burmese python and he hasent eaten sence the begining of december and was eating twice a week before he shed and hasent ate sence. i have all of the cage requirements and have tryd both frozen and live pray this isnt my fist burm so im not sure why he wont eat and i dont want him to die because i recued him from a bad home....

01/29/08  06:40pm

Enyonam
View Profile

Message To: Armykid   In reference to Message Id: 1600487

Not much time...help

I had a snake who did that to me too, i started getting really worried because he was a scant eater to start with. I would say that you do have a bit more time before you really have to worry. Are you sure he doesn’t have an infection of some kind (like a respiratory infection)? And if he is still being a brat and not eating in another month or two you can force feed him... This is not a fun thing to do and i would recommend having a vet do it for you or show you how to do it. How big is he?

02/01/08  05:24pm

Shinka
View Profile

Message To: Enyonam   In reference to Message Id: 1604774

Not much time...help

If you have a herp vet nearby, I’d take him there. My ball python did the same thing, and after 3 months I took her to my boss (an exotics vet). Did x-rays, and it turned out that she was blocked. A few well-placed pokes, and it took care of the problem! He could also have a respiratory infection, like the person above mentioned. Is he wheezing at all, or just does he just sit there with his mouth open?

03/15/08  07:14pm

Back to Reptile Veterinarians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area