Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Reptile-Morphs-Genetics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Reptile-Morphs-Genetics Forum

Ratqwen   Slove1106   Ratqwen   Slove1106   Ratqwen  
 Member  Message

Ratqwen
View Profile

Genetics help ( leopard gecko

last year I bought a Blizzard leopard gecko (F) and she had mated with a Albino Male
We had 6 hatchlings ... from this blizzard + albino pair
what would the babys be?
this year we took 2 of the siblings a sister and a brother
one is albino and the other is normal they should be Het Blizzard.?
they had 1 clutch of eggs
we just had one hatch could anyone tell me what these babys are going to be just albino x normal het Blizzard ?

07/29/08  05:00pm

Slove1106
View Profile

Message To: Ratqwen   In reference to Message Id: 1812864

Are you saying that one of the offspring from your first pair (Blizzard x Albino) came out Albino? The only way that can happen is if your Blizzard was Het Albino... A Blizzard x Albino pairing should have only resulted in ALL Normal Double Het Blizzard & Albino babies...

But you said that your pair this year, siblings from last year’s are an Albino and a Normal... That means that your Blizzard has to be het for Albino if you ended up with an Albino sibling... That means that Albino should also be het for Blizzard, and your Normal is Double het for Blizzard and Albino...

With a pairing of an Albino het Blizzard x Normal DH Blizzard & Albino, you should end up with the following percentages...

2/16 Normal het Albino
2/16 Albino
2/16 Blizzard het Albino
4/16 Albino het Blizzard
4/16 Normal DH Blizzard & Albino
2/16 Blazing Blizzard

If I’m wrong on the percentages... just know at least those are the morphs you’ll be getting... Might be a little off... My genetics is a little iffy... lol.

07/30/08  06:52pm

Ratqwen
View Profile

Message To: Slove1106   In reference to Message Id: 1813956

thanks for explaining
I just got 10 geckos from a breeder there more like mack snows stripes and albino mack snows its so exciting.. im trying to read as much as i can on gentics but i guess untill you breed and learn the gentics its kinda hard to understand it some what unless somone actully explains it too you

07/31/08  10:41am

Slove1106
View Profile

Message To: Ratqwen   In reference to Message Id: 1814582

Yep, I know what you mean. Believe me. Even people that have the basics of genetics down can mix things up... lol. Learn how to use a Punnett Square... That’ll make things a little easier.

07/31/08  11:52am

Ratqwen
View Profile

Message To: Slove1106   In reference to Message Id: 1814639

Thanks I bought a book called Gentics for Herpers , but sometimes i get confused reading it.
im trying but thanks for everyones help :)

Christina

07/31/08  01:33pm

Back to Reptile-Morphs-Genetics Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area