Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Reptile-Amphibian-Art-Tattoos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Reptile-Amphibian-Art-Tattoos Forum

ThatGuyImTheShadows   LadyLizard   ThatGuyImTheShadows   LadyLizard   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Shadowcat0789   LadyLizard   ThatGuyImTheShadows   LadyLizard   The White Wolf   Clawedfrogsrule   LadyLizard   The White Wolf   Monkey666   ThatGuyImTheShadows  
 Member  Message

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

~Some` of my art work..:)

Hey guys and gals. My name is Mike, and Ive been on RZ for years no, I just got a new post name..:P It was supposed to be ThatGuyInTheShadows....But whatever...Lol..Damn typos. My old post name was Mister Murder...Anyway, here is some of my art...Not much Reptile/Amphibian related though..Lol..

..Ok here I got really bored in class one day. So I decided to draw the Cloverfield monster from memory...I tried my best. My friend decided to draw a stick figure above it, so dont mind the poorly drawn stick figure...Lol...

..I one day thought of this painting. Not sure what it means exactly. Lol...Obviously was Dr.Seuss inspired...

..This actually has a long story behind it. I first drew the frog like 5 years ago. And about 2 years ago I came across it again, but didnt like the random frog. so I added the flower around it. So I guess Ive been working on it for ~years~...Lol...:)

..With this one, I was doing my usual ~Beach paradise palm tree island~ painting. But for reason, I dont know why I just added the iron bars and prisoner. Its one of my favorite pieces because its actually really a sad painting. Lol..I dont know where the idea came from, my friends think it might have come from the fact that Im still "in the closet" and not out to my family/some friends about being gay. So I feel ~trapped~ and the island is my escape, the beautiful paradise(life) that awaits me when I do come out.. :/ Who knows...Lol...

..Who doesnt love this movie?...Lol...

..This is a Mozaic art piece I did in Art class this year(senior year). It has a clay base, and the moom/grass is glass I had to cut into shape for the piece. Again, gotta love that movie!..:P

..This is a book I made, and ofcourse Nightmare Before Christmas themed...:)

..More ceramic/clay work. I just decided a evil tree fighting a dragon would be cool..Lol...You think so?....:P

..Ok about this, Im usually never proud of anything I do. i usually dont like most my art. But I worked really hard of this drawing, and I dont wanna sound braggy at all, but the picture really doesnt do it any justic. It is one of my most recent drawings after going on like a 1 year drawing hiatus...Its Johnny Depps Willy Wonka....:)

..and this was inspired by the Freddy Vs. Jason DVD cover. I really hate the movie, but I thought I could be creative and I created this. Lol...This is my most recent drawing..:)

Hope you enjoyed, any feed back would be much appreciated.

Also, show your work!!..:)

Mike...

06/22/08  06:18pm

LadyLizard
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1769856

hey, keep up the good work. the shading looks really good! have you ever tried using ink? thats my forte. I’m a cartoonist at heart!
xoxLL

06/22/08  10:18pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: LadyLizard   In reference to Message Id: 1770114

Haha..Thanks...:)

Umm..I dont like pens, but I do doodle in pen. the cloverfield monster picture is in ink. I also just started using ink in drawing, but nothing big. Just testing it out. I have much more practice ahead of me. No insult to you or cartoons, but Im not much of a cartoon drawer, in all honesty, I dont really like cartoons. Lol...Though, some of my friends are obsessed with Anime...:)

Mike..

06/22/08  10:48pm

LadyLizard
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1770158

i just like making characters. but you should try an ink nib if you dont like pens theyre pretty fun!

06/23/08  12:53am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: LadyLizard   In reference to Message Id: 1770274

Hahaha...I thought about going into colors. Using colored pencils and Prisma Markers, but Im just not into color, and I def. want some practice before it. But shading is just my thing, I love the way it looks, almost..life like..:)

May I see some of your cartoons??

Mike...

06/23/08  11:16am

Shadowcat0789
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1770528

Wow that stuff is really really impressive! I love looking at other people’s art. I can only draw decently when I’m really depressed or really tired. I don’t know why but when I draw then i usually like what comes out.

06/27/08  11:40pm

LadyLizard
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1770528

Yeah sure! Here you go!

These are just a few I did a while back. Let me know what you think!

06/29/08  03:19am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: LadyLizard   In reference to Message Id: 1777309

Haha!..Very awsome. I love creative and funky cartoons. :)

Mike..

06/29/08  05:46pm

LadyLizard
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1777754

Why thank you!!
xoxox

07/01/08  06:25pm

The White Wolf
View Profile

Message To: LadyLizard   In reference to Message Id: 1779908

Very nice pictures to the both of you,they’re lovely. I’m mostly a mammal artist,not to well in reptiles or people. I usually draw wolves because they’re my favorite based on my username.Here some of mine

And then I have my anger that I express in my drawings,

Please no criticism,I’m only 12 ,I have a lot more learning and exercises to do.I’m not done with them also.I have more drawings but I’ve seemed to have missed place them.Great drawings too as I’ve mentioned before.
-The White Wolf (Emma)

07/07/08  02:41pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: The White Wolf   In reference to Message Id: 1785785

you’re pretty good, you do a great job with the textures of the fur and shading around the neck and shoulder areas. I would just suggest adding a bit of light reflection in the eyes, like just a small white glint, it’ll really add personality to the animal and make it come alive.

07/08/08  10:08pm

LadyLizard
View Profile

Message To: The White Wolf   In reference to Message Id: 1785785

wow, you’re only 12? you’re WAY better than i was when i was 12!
keep up the practice and good work and you’ll be a pro for sure :)
do you ever use deviantart?

07/11/08  04:20am

The White Wolf
View Profile

Message To: LadyLizard   In reference to Message Id: 1790851

Thank you for the advice. I use deviant art sometimes, I use it when I’m mad or depressed, I draw some pretty graphic material as well. I’ve been working on shading and tinting in my drawings. I also use monochromatic and other styles. Oh and Clawedfrogsrule, I did add the little white glint but my scanner kind of ruined it,I’ll still work on it though.Well thanks for the comments. I appreciate them. :)

-The White Wolf (Emma)

07/11/08  12:50pm

Monkey666
View Profile

Message To: The White Wolf   In reference to Message Id: 1791197

Im just into characters. like trash can dude, expreshions of a mushroom (lol dont ask). and im thinking about steam powerd robot trees.

08/13/08  07:36pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Monkey666   In reference to Message Id: 1830044

Very very nice guys and gals!! :) Keep it up! Im hoping to go down and draw some stuff now, I have been on such horrible hiatuses..Lol..:)

That sounds quite...........interesting MokeyBoy..Lmao..:)

Mike...

08/26/08  01:18am

Back to Reptile-Amphibian-Art-Tattoos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area