Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rat Snakes Forum

Shaddy   Shaddy   Xkabx  
 Member  Message

Shaddy
View Profile

Everglades rat snake

hi ive bought my new albino everglades rat snake any tips to keep her not stressed

12/16/10  12:15pm

Shaddy
View Profile

Message To: Shaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2192944

Everglades rat snake

how long do they live genarally

12/22/10  03:58pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Shaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2193831

Everglades rat snake

shaddy i also got a everglades rat snake recently, and im worried about stress as well, im super worried because the first little guy i got died, i felt horrible and i really didint think i did anything wrong. i got a new one a week later and i literally havent stopped stressing about this guys stress! i call him psycho #2, psycho because this species is nuts and #2 in honor of his little bro. things i changed up for this new guy, i worried about humidity so i got cocoa husk i put down a good layer of that, then a layer of aspen shavings, #1 was only on aspen. i had #1 in a 10 gallon fish tank, #2 started in this as well but is now in a 20 with way more hides and branches to hide in. also i havent even tried to handle this guy except when i switched his tank, im just gonna leave him till hes a bit bigger then try.
what are you feeding yours and how do you go about it, i mean mine has ate live and f/t mice and rats. also how do you know for sure they are in shed? ball pythons eyes get blue do these guys as well?
i have many questions, im sure you do too just keep posting i think we can help each other alot

01/25/11  10:35pm

Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area