Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rat Snakes Forum

Gillybean000   Xkabx  
 Member  Message

Gillybean000
View Profile

Help please

I brought my 1st ever snake today what was a yellow rat snake, I put him in his tank closed lid and left him for 30 min’s to let him explore his new home before trying him with a pinkie as today was his feeding day, I went and checked on him 15 mins onto his little explore to find he had moved out of his box, i thought nothing when i seen he moved from his box i thought he had moved into his house on the warm side of the tank, so left him thinking he was settled beaing rather happy. i went up again to give him his pinkie lifted his house up to show him the pinkie. GONE! I’ve turned my house upside me and 4 more friends, he is only a baby just over 1 year old and i know he will be warm whereever he is there not as daft as we think but i worry incase he;s lonely and scared so dont really wnt to wait for him to "pop up" i need a way of catching him, im hoping i wake up with him next to me with my bed being warm but i know it wont be that simple. Please any advise will be grateful :(

11/20/10  06:53pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Gillybean000   In reference to Message Id: 2188721

Help please

i never had this happen to me but have read a few tricks that made sense, you think hes in whatever room right so you take a dead mouse and scent the baseboards leading up to a box with a hole in the top and food inside, in the thought that hell be cruising along and smell it follow the smell to the box and hopefully he will go in and eat. i would have a heat source too like a heat pad under the box.u might think its gross scenting your basboards but after you catch him you wash em with bleach. if you dont do this id just check under everything that has anykind of heat to it. good luck man

01/26/11  08:57pm

Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area