Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rat Snakes Forum

JessiM   Cphill58   JessiM   Cphill58   JessiM  
 Member  Message

JessiM
View Profile

Vietnamese beauty saddness

My bf’s friend has a beautiful vietnamese beauty and its about 6 feet long. the sad thing about it, its how its being cared for... its in a 55gal. tank and with mulch bedding. a lamp i dont think its even a heating bulb. i didnt see any UVB or anything.. no hides no nothing... it just sits in a corner all day. the tank is dirty.. and its scared of everyone...

its not handled much.... and i want to help the snake and such but the people seem a little on the idiot side...

what to doo.....sigh

07/07/10  04:13pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: JessiM   In reference to Message Id: 2160982

Wow Jessi ....that’s sad ...I had the rare chance to hold and play with one of those ....not a very common species around the states. They are a rat snake basically...the care is very much the same.
Maybe you can offer to care for it 1 day a week ...that way it wil have fresh water and a clean enclosure. And then some day you might be blessed with the gift of a beauty snake, should the current owner find that you like it so much.

Best wishes to you and it,

Cp

07/10/10  11:49am

JessiM
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2161589

I wish i could do that. but these people are stubbron and think they know whats best for the snake..
and she is such a beautiful albino as well....

My bf said if we had the room he would ask them if I could have it and properly care for it. but as of this moment every nook and cranny is used up.... mostly of junk that we could make the room but i dont think his mother would appreciate me bringing home another snake... and a bigger one than the two i have. i could though offer them help and explain the proper care for this snake and cage requirements...
i have yet to be able to handle this beauty. and i cannot wait to be able too. cause then i will know how it feels (emotions) i already know that is not happy.

But i will see what i can do for this beauty. hopefully i will be able to visit again, and get to see it more up close. sigh, i feel so sorry for this snake.... and snakes are my favorite animals in the world... i’d do anything for them if i could.

from
jess

07/10/10  12:23pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: JessiM   In reference to Message Id: 2161601

Stubborn ..?? Sounds more like lazy if they don’t change the water and clean the tank regularly...

Sorry for your dilema ...I wish we could save them all from folks like this too. Just be polite and persistent ...offering help if they ever desire it. You never know when some day a light might come on or a question will arise and hopefully they will think of you when it happens. Be prepared to follow through with simple solutions and kind advice.

It’s amazing how many folks will ask me for advice...I started selling my extra rodents and inviting folks over with their snakes ...having show and tell sort of ..discussing issues such as poor sheds...humidity...substrates ...etc. Lots of Red tail Boa owners don’t have a clue around here. I wish I had another 600-1000 sq feet of house. But even if I help 2 or 3 get the set up right it is worth it..

Cp

07/10/10  01:01pm

JessiM
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2161615

yeah, i wish that was possible lol some extra room for some critters in need.

i hope to start a sanctuary one day mostly for iguanas... but snakies too... and others

07/10/10  06:46pm

Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area