Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rat Snakes Forum

Butane   Xkabx   Crash73bs   Xkabx  
 Member  Message

Butane
View Profile

First rat snake

So I got my first rat snake yesterday, a yellow rat snake to be exact! There’s no reason in particular for me writing this post exactly, I’ve just thought that I’d share! I was actually quite surprised at how fast they move! I have had heavily bodied snakes that don’t move all that fast, but this little guy is a runner!

I’m going to give him a good week or two to calm down a little more but in general he’s not as bitey as I expected.

06/18/10  03:38pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Butane   In reference to Message Id: 2156725

First rat snake

i recently got my first rat as well, i got a baby everglades rat these guys are crazy fast he is only maybe a foot long but i couldnt believe how ffast he got acros his cage to bite at me the other day, he covered half a 10 gallon tank before i could even blink, this guy would destroy my ball python in a race!! best of luck with your new snake bro

01/26/11  09:02pm

Crash73bs
View Profile

Message To: Butane   In reference to Message Id: 2156725

First rat snake

hold him more, he will want to be held and will slow down

05/07/11  04:15pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Crash73bs   In reference to Message Id: 2217865

First rat snake

hes still a little whack job but i love him for it. hes the only snake i got that acts like a snake. you take off the top of his hide and he gets all pissed, my bps just either looks up at me or tuck their heads, but not my psycho hes pissed to see you no matter what time it is.

me and my bro handle him every day he is gettin better about biting us at first it was 9 outta 10 you were gonna get tagged now its like 6 outta 10, my bro had to tease him to get this pic.

you got any pics of yours, post em id love to see

05/07/11  10:55pm

Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area