Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rat Snakes Forum

KinkyQuill   Rock and rolla   KinkyQuill   CooperJ   JeffK   Tupi1   JeffK  
 Member  Message

KinkyQuill
View Profile

Rat Snakes& Corn snakes.

Heey, just wondering..

I’ve been keeping a variety of snakes for years and know quite a bit about them.

Anyway, I’ve had a few snakes come and go here and there.
I was told you could keep Rat snakes and Corn snakes together but I’ve never actually done it..
I’ve got 2 corn snakes and I know somwone who has a feew hatchlings.. I was wondering.. If I kept the hatchling in a sepperate tank for about a year untill he was about 2 feet long then put it in with the corn snakes would they be ok together?

Thanks,
Jayde.

01/22/10  02:08pm

Rock and rolla
View Profile

Message To: KinkyQuill   In reference to Message Id: 2116290

Rat Snakes& Corn snakes.

You should never never never ever ever ever ever put to different species of snakes together in one cage... The only way possible if it was the absolute biggest tank you could find and put lots of obstacles in side to keep them farther away from eachother. Generally I would never do it because there is always a chance of one being eaten by the other- aka "canabalism".
BAD IDEA DONT DO THIS!!!!!

01/22/10  09:09pm

KinkyQuill
View Profile

Message To: Rock and rolla   In reference to Message Id: 2116416

Rat Snakes& Corn snakes.

Ok, just wondeing..
But I’ve heard of people breeding con snakes and at snakes together?

01/23/10  09:39am

CooperJ
View Profile

Message To: KinkyQuill   In reference to Message Id: 2116513

Rat Snakes& Corn snakes.

I was wanting to mix my friends corn in with my rat, they are the same size. And Corn snakes are Rat snakes, just a different breed.

03/18/10  12:31am

JeffK
View Profile

Message To: CooperJ   In reference to Message Id: 2133806

Rat Snakes& Corn snakes.

The problem is not keeping two different species together, its keeping two snakes together. I wouldnt recommend keeping two corns together, or two of any species for that matter.

03/24/10  07:58pm

Tupi1
View Profile

Message To: JeffK   In reference to Message Id: 2135807

Rat Snakes& Corn snakes.

Plenty of people keep more then one snake together.It takes a little more time from you.Feeding separately, watching for problems etc. It can work but there are risks.
Here is a great site, it just so happens this breeder keeps several snakes together all the time without incident(not saying it cant happen though)..Its all about the risks you are willing to take with your snakes..
http://www.applegatereptiles.com/about/facilites2.html

03/25/10  01:19pm

JeffK
View Profile

Message To: Tupi1   In reference to Message Id: 2135973

Rat Snakes& Corn snakes.

Quote:

Plenty of people keep more then one snake together.It takes a little more time from you.Feeding separately, watching for problems etc. It can work but there are risks.

That’s exactly what i was saying. i said i wouldn’t recommend it, not it cannot be done.

03/25/10  05:30pm

Back to Rat Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area