Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Pythons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ReptileMacka   Takahiro111   Zanyazc   ReptileMacka   Takahiro111   ReptileMacka  

Member  Message

ReptileMacka
View Profile

Scared for my Spotted Python

Hi there, I am a first time snake keeper. I just bought my 2 year old spotted Python literally yesterday. While I was changing its water this morning (being the idiot I am) I brushed my hand right in front of its face as it likes to rest it’s head on the water bowl, it bit me. It didn’t hurt but it shocked me quite a bit being the first time I have been bitten by a snake. I quickly pulled my hand back and now it’s lying down curled up in the back corner of the enclosure. I am worried that I have maybe injured the snake while pulling my hand back or if it will be permanently scarred from the experience. I have covered half the enclosure with a tea towel and plan not to bother it for a day or two. Please tell me if I am doing the right thing.

12/22/15  01:50pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: ReptileMacka   In reference to Message Id: 2316226

It can be a bit surprising and he’s just stress now so leave him for a few days. Check your hand for teeth you might’ve pulled some out of his mouth when your jerked(pulled) your hand away. The towel thing is a good idea let him feel even more secure.

12/22/15  03:58pm

Zanyazc
View Profile

Message To: ReptileMacka   In reference to Message Id: 2316226

Your pretty dumb (person i have never met or especially bought a snake with yesterday) but thats Heaps Sick Aye!

12/22/15  10:18pm

ReptileMacka
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316232

Hey thanks for the help I really appreciate it. She seems to feel a lot better she started to move around the enclosure more after being curled up and barely moving. and now she is in her hideout.
Thanks again

12/23/15  12:04am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: ReptileMacka   In reference to Message Id: 2316239

Your welcome. Watch carefully next time some snakes will let you know if their gonna strike or bite by tail rattling,curling in a S position, opening their mouth.

12/23/15  11:30am

ReptileMacka
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316241

Yeah I don’t think she wanted to attack I had my hand in there she was fine then I just got too close for comfort and both of us got startled.
Thanks again for your help mate

12/23/15  12:04pm

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area