Pythons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gaurweth   Takahiro111   Gaurweth   Takahiro111   Zanyazc  

Member  Message

Gaurweth
View Profile

Need Spotted Python Help.

Hello! It’s been a while since I have been in a position to have a snake and now that I can I am looking into getting a Granite Spotted Python. I have seen care sheets that say they only need a 10 gallon tank with a top extension or a 15 gallon tank. I have a 12"x12"x18" terrarium (the equivalent to just over 11 gallons) laying around doing nothing and can’t tell if it will be enough room. Aside from that all other information I have been able to gather seems pretty straight forward and this is by far not my first rodeo in terms of snakes. I am just used to terrestrial snakes content to stay low and I believe spotted pythons like to climb. Any help or corrections would greatly appreciated since all my experience is with balls, corns and hognoses. Thank you very much!

09/29/14  01:34pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Gaurweth   In reference to Message Id: 2310048

It depends on how big it is....when my burm was young he was in a tank and every time he looks cramped I would upgrade and now he’s 17’ I also did the same for my adult red tail...but spotties are small so I don’t see the problem with the 10gal but they suck at holding temps and proper humidity.

09/30/14  07:52am

Gaurweth
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310065

Thank you so much for your reply! I plan to go to a reptile show to purchase a hatchling to start with when I am ready but I just wanted to make sure. I think it will be fine up to a certain point but am hoping it will be okay for an adult so long as I also plan to socialize with. That way its not forever sentenced to the terrarium if that helps. Though if it does start to look cramped I will opt for a long tank instead of a tall one.

09/30/14  10:50am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Gaurweth   In reference to Message Id: 2310069

Okay and a 10gal should be good for a hatchling...your welcome:)

09/30/14  11:13am

Zanyazc
View Profile

Message To: Gaurweth   In reference to Message Id: 2310048

It depends on age if it is a hatcling you can keep it in something the same sized as a shoe box obvioulsy not a shoe box but if its 3+ yrs you want to keep in something like a 3 foot one and bigger the older it is

12/22/15  10:21pm

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area