Pythons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tracykins   Londonjoe   Tracykins   Tracykins  

Member  Message

Tracykins
View Profile

Info

so last night my boyfriend and i were givin 2 african rock pythons. we really dont know much about them and any info on them would be wonderful. we have a male and female, but were screwed over in cage cause he had told us when he sold the cage to us that the heat lamps were inside and the fans and the heatpads were included, but when we got the cage home thawed out and actually took a look at it the heat bulbs were switched out to regular household bulbs, the fans were gone and just the mount was left and then the heating pads were gone too. it was just realy really aggrivating for us because this guy really gave us nuhting but 2 angry pythins.

01/13/12  06:30pm

Londonjoe
View Profile

Message To: Tracykins   In reference to Message Id: 2250925

Info

african rock pythons are extremely difficult to keep. very very aggresive even if you manage to get them out of the cage in a living room they will freak out. they can get very large males get to about 12ft
females usally get 14/16ft but they can get to 18ft.

01/14/12  02:42pm

Tracykins
View Profile

Message To: Londonjoe   In reference to Message Id: 2251011

Info

well the male is extreamly aggressive, but my boyfriend is trying to handle him more so he isnt so aggressive. But the female is very tame. she only hisses every once in a while and that only because she went down my shirt and i keep moving or my boyfriend wants to take her out and has to lift up her hide to get to her. but other then that shes extreamly docile.

01/19/12  07:50pm

Tracykins
View Profile

Message To: Tracykins   In reference to Message Id: 2251763

Info

also we are hook training them with a roll of paper towels and it is working great. Also they have both calmed down alot since we have seperated them and put them in thir own enclosures.

01/20/12  08:54pm

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area