Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons Forum

Neni   Cphill58   Neni   Cphill58  
 Member  Message

Neni
View Profile

Shedding problem

What’s wrong with my ball python if he shed in a bunch of pieces? And what should I do about it?

04/20/11  12:38am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Neni   In reference to Message Id: 2215198

Shedding problem

Hey there...

basic care sheets can be found all over the web and this site has some too....
You need a moist / humid hide so the ball python can retreat to this area and basically soak up enough moisture so the skin releases easily...or if you are vigilant you can mist the enclosure daily during the time of shed. Additionally it should have a water bowl large enough to climb in and curl up and soak in.

If you never made a humid hide just explain how big the snake is and I can offer suggestions as simple as a cottage cheese container or as large as a plastic shoe box ...filled with moss that you can get at Home Depot ....soak the moss in water until saturated and place in the appropriate container for the snake and place that in the enclosure. You will be surprised how quickly the snake goes in the hole that you cut out for it.

Cp

04/22/11  10:55pm

Neni
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2215582

Shedding problem

But my question still holds because I had just given him a shower and the cage’s humidity level is at 60. This had never happened before, not even when the humidity level was at 30%.
O and the size well he’s about 1 foot and a half, very skinny though because he hasn’t been wanting to eat regularly and due to that lost a lot of weight. By the way would you know by any chance on how to get him healthy again, do not tell me the vet because I have taken him and the vet didn’t know much, and there is no herpetologist in my city.

04/27/11  04:49pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Neni   In reference to Message Id: 2216220

Shedding problem

What city in Texas are you in / near I will look up a reputable herp vet for you.

1 shower will not provide enough moisture ...provide a humid hide like I PM’d you ...get the RI checked and antibiotics administered if needed. Then it will eat properly and not be so stressed. It can’t eat if it is sick...

Cp

04/30/11  01:13pm

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area