Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons Forum

Tagney89   Cphill58  
 Member  Message

View Profile

Carpet python with retained eye cap. Problem!

So my 3.5 ft jungle carpet shed, and one eye cap remains on the snake. It was my fault, I completely just did not up the humidity like I normally do for his shed process. Anyways, I still mist his cage everyday and monitor it with a gauge. He is still very head shy, and it is nearly impossible to keep him from moving while I try to remove the eye cap gently with a cotton swab after I bath him in water for about half hour. My question is should I make another attempt at removing the eye cap with the cotton swab again or should I wait for him to shed and hopefully it will come off with the next shed?(Don’t know how accurate that statement is since I heard it from a guy on youtube). Or I also read about people who have used tape to remove. Please give me some advice guys! Thanks.

01/06/11  08:15pm

View Profile

Message To: Tagney89   In reference to Message Id: 2196795

Carpet python with retained eye cap. Problem!

2 drops of mineral oil daily ...constant baths 2x a day..and when it sheds again it should come off...or sooner. Raise the humidity by misting. Or adding a bark type substrate that retains moisture...even wet towels to the enclosure. Change the towels frequently to stop mildew from growing...every 3 days

01/12/11  09:19am

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area