Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons Forum

Pesky   Mambooscar   Fairy Frog Mother   Mambooscar   Reptadude   Rolandslf  
 Member  Message

Pesky
View Profile

CHILDRENS AND SPOTTED V CORN SNAKE

Hi all

i am getting my first snake shortly and have been researching alot about suitable snakes. i have read alot about corn snakes and they seem to be good first snakes. however i realy like spotted and childrens pythons, and was just wantin to know how easy they are to care for and if you feed them the same asin frozen/thawed mice

05/17/10  05:41am

Mambooscar
View Profile

Message To: Pesky   In reference to Message Id: 2148091

royal pythons r best starter snake my brother has two and they never bite and easy to care for. but when my corns were little they bite my all the time it dosent hurt but its annoying and other corn used to even bite the glass of his cage. woma pythons r the best of all snake to have but they r mega expensive.

06/02/10  12:09pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Mambooscar   In reference to Message Id: 2152399

Royal pythons are very sweet, I agree. However I do have to disagree about the disposition of corns. I hatched out my first set of corn snake eggs last summer. Of 7 eggs, 2 did not hatch, one was born with a birth defect, and I got 4 baby corns. Two of them have to this day never even attempted a strike, much less bitten me, or any of my friends, or the children who have handled them. One of them I did nickname Bitey Mc Biterson, and that one was very nippy, but its teeth could not go through my skin, and with work began to calm down and bite much less, though was still really defensive. The 4th one bit me once as a neonate when I moved too quickly to pick it up, and more often tried to wriggle away at first.

I say, if at all possible handle the snake you are thinking of getting. Find the individual that you feel a connection with and work with it.

06/03/10  03:13pm

Mambooscar
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2152712

i have both and i was just saying alot of baby corns bite and i no they calm quick but i still think royals would be better for a starter.

06/03/10  03:51pm

Reptadude
View Profile

Message To: Mambooscar   In reference to Message Id: 2152728

get the childrens. can’t go wrong with an aussie.

06/08/10  02:19pm

Rolandslf
View Profile

Message To: Reptadude   In reference to Message Id: 2154264

Spotted Pythons are awesome, you get two varieties.
The kitten tame like ones and the spawned from hell ones.
My pair are 18 months old and of the kitten tame variety.
They do have awesome feeding responses though.

Some pics of when they were about 6 months old.

07/06/10  08:06am

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area