Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons Forum

Teresaydrogo   Doug2   Vive   Shawn78   Ninja_Snake   Mambooscar   Fairy Frog Mother   TwilightDreamer1979   Scimma   Z-Steele   Serpentshideaway  
 Member  Message

Teresaydrogo
View Profile

Help please i am a idiot

OK THE TITLE SAYS IT ALL MY BABY BALL PYTHON IS MISSING I CANT FIND HER ANYWHERE I HAVE ONLY HAD HER TWO WEEKS.. I AM SUCH A IDIOT I LEFT A CORD DOWN AND SHE USED IT TO ESCAPE... I HAVE A NEW DOG BED DOWN WITH A HEATING PAD AND HER HIDE OUT IN IT.. SHE SHOULD BE SHEDDING THIS WEEK OR NEXT SHOULD I STILL OFFER FOOD ??? I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE PLEASE HELP ... I LIVE IN A MOBILE HOME AND THE HEAT IN THE HOUSE CAN NEVER GO ABOVE 65-70 DEGREES MY MOM HEALTH CAN T ALLOW IT. WILL SHE FREEZE TO DEATH? ANYWAY THE HEATER VENTS ARE ON THE FLOOR DO YOU THINK SHE IS DOWN THERE EVEN THOUGH THE HEAT DOES NOT GET VERY WARM? WE HAVE A FERNACE IN THE CLOSET I HAVE CHECKED NO SIGN OF HER I HAVE LOOKED BEHIND COMPUTER , TV, COUCHED IN AND OUT BEHIND FRIDGE AND EVERYWHERE DO YOU THINK SHE IS STILL ALIVE? SHE HAS BEEN MISSING FOR 5 DAYS... PLEASE HELP ME~

02/10/10  11:51am

Doug2
View Profile

Message To: Teresaydrogo   In reference to Message Id: 2122143

Help please i am a idiot

shell probably be fine just look every where. snakes get away all of the time. U will probably be able to find her if you look hard enough.

02/22/10  12:37pm

Vive
View Profile

Help please i am a idiot

my baby boa got out twice while i lived in my fiances basement ansd the first time she came back and crawled onto the dresser and was sitting near another snake cage using its heater this was about 4 mo after she had escaped. the 2nd time she got out we were getting ready to move so i put out a sticky paper that is safe for snakes you just put vegi oil on it to get the snake off and we caught her in a few weeks that time she was again back in my room though

04/02/10  03:45pm

Shawn78
View Profile

Help please i am a idiot

They normally do not go far from there cage normally they will be in the same room and close to where there cage is. Look everywhere around where the cage/room is dont leave anything out the spot you miss could be where it is hiding.

05/17/10  03:12pm

Ninja_Snake
View Profile

Message To: Shawn78   In reference to Message Id: 2148237

Help please i am a idiot

I wouldn’t worry about to much. My kingsnake got lost for seven months, and we found her in our fishtank. We have never had a mouse problem since! Ninja Snake

05/21/10  04:12pm

Mambooscar
View Profile

Message To: Ninja_Snake   In reference to Message Id: 2149432

Help please i am a idiot

my corn snake went missing twice once for 6 weeks and then for 2 days , and both times he was under the fridge

06/02/10  12:04pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Mambooscar   In reference to Message Id: 2152398

Help please i am a idiot

I was just going to suggest to check around the fridge or stove as they tend to be warm. I too have houdini cornsnakes, and the Royal python I am caring for got out of its tank during the fire it went through before I got it, and was found hiding in the bottom of a closet. It tried to escape the smoke.

If you try to feed it, you can cut a hole in a cardboard box thats the same girth or just slightly smaller than the prey item but big enough for the snake to get into, (assuming you feed frozen thawed here) with the box over the heating pad so it stays warm. (Of course if it doesn eat overnight, you will have to throw away the food...cause eeeeew itll go bad fast) When the snake eats the food, it wont be able to get back out, as the food + the mass of the snake = larger than the hole.

Good luck. Dont Panic. More than likely it will show up in some warm spot or dark corner.

06/03/10  03:19pm

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2152715

Help please i am a idiot

I agree with the others... look to places that are warm and dark, under the fridge, behind the tank even. She wont have gone far. Make it easy for her to get back into her tank, that’s somewhere she’s knows is warm and feels safe check under carpets/rugs too. My friend found her escaped King snake under the carpet under the sofa. she pulled the sofa out to hoover under there and wondered what the lump in the carpet was lol.

TD.x.

06/14/10  04:04pm

Scimma
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 2155715

Help please i am a idiot

I also wouldn’t worry much. I have had three escapes and they always turn up, the only bad part is my wife was upset and I didn’t here the end of it until they showed up. mine were gone any were from 2 days to 6 weeks. They will always turn up. and usually the craziest places.
but check small crevices that are warm and dark? sometimes moist. I was once told to moisten a towel with warm water and put it in a crevice near were she escaped. The theory was Valid but tried this for three consecutive nights on one escapee, didn’t work. ended up just waiting it out.

06/20/10  11:07pm

Z-Steele
View Profile

Message To: Scimma   In reference to Message Id: 2157207

Help please i am a idiot

check the bathroom

06/24/10  11:52pm

Serpentshideaway
View Profile

Message To: Z-Steele   In reference to Message Id: 2158266

Help please i am a idiot

My bp got out couple weeks ago i found him in a box in my room course his tank is in my room just keep calm and watch for him check any thing he/she may be able to squeeze into

08/03/10  12:44am

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area