Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons Forum

Red Ink AUS   Sra   Red Ink AUS   Sra   Red Ink AUS   Sra  
 Member  Message

Red Ink AUS
View Profile

Spotted python "blonde"

G’day,

Just my new blonde spotted python (Antaresia Maculosa)

Cheers,

12/01/09  05:59pm

Sra
View Profile

Message To: Red Ink AUS   In reference to Message Id: 2100581

Spotted python "blonde"

Those eyes are enchanting... one of the nicest if not THE nicest spotted I have seen so far!
Do you have Childreni as well?

12/02/09  01:58pm

Red Ink AUS
View Profile

Message To: Sra   In reference to Message Id: 2100818

Spotted python "blonde"

Cheers Sra,

Nah, just the spotted mate, never been a fan of the childreni as they tend to lose their markins with age.
I would’nt think that this locality specific form of the Spotteds would be easily available over there or are they?

12/02/09  03:55pm

Sra
View Profile

Message To: Red Ink AUS   In reference to Message Id: 2100845

Spotted python "blonde"

HAHA....

If this tells you anything, I didn’t even know that Maculosa HAD different locales.
Just like the Womas here, localities are not kept in check... kinda wish they were. I’ve seen some on aussie forums that just blow these american ones out of the water!

12/02/09  06:23pm

Red Ink AUS
View Profile

Message To: Sra   In reference to Message Id: 2100911

Spotted python "blonde"

That’s a shame, womas here have such a variance in their size colouration and traits depending on the localities they come from. 90% of Aussies keep locality specific specimen, we’re pedantic like that lol. We like keeping bloodline pure and tend to not get swept up in the whole "morph" mentality, if anything most of us are totally against it. The variance in the traits and colouration of most Oz native snakes is so great due to their large range that most of us make a conscious decision to try and preserve that, whether for future studies, pride or preservation of something that someday may be re-classified as a separate sub-species.

I commend you by the way for your comment on "mutts" on the carpet forum, wish more keepers shared the same view as you over there.

12/02/09  08:03pm

Sra
View Profile

Message To: Red Ink AUS   In reference to Message Id: 2100929

Spotted python "blonde"

Well how do you think I felt when I found out that snake in particular wasn’t what it was sold to me as! I kept waiting for her color to come in, guess that’ll never happen lol.
I so wish I could move to OZ, there are so many places I would like to see and so many animals I would love to catch out in the wild, study and then release. Aussie pythons are my favorites, Olives, carpets, womas, blackheads, antaresia... if only I wasn’t sitting on so many boas I could have more room for pythons. Of course with all the legislation here it’s hard considering new animals.
I only have a few "morphs"... the rest are pure (pure as the supplier says they are ) boa localities. I love the classic wild looks of different animals, but on the other hand I do have a couple morphs here and there... just for kicks.

12/02/09  09:58pm

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area