Pythons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ReptileJay   M.viridis   ReptileJay   Noyes61   Jagersjungles  

Member  Message

ReptileJay
View Profile

My Green Tree Python hasn’t eaten in 4 months

I have a GTP and it is now month four of him not eating. He is three years old. His cage is perfect. perfect temps, and humidity. I’ve tried everything i can think of. scented mice. quail. hamsters. gerbils. African soft-furred rats. live, prekilled, frozen/thawed. no dice. i have taken him to the vet. no parasites or illness. he’s a good weight, so I’m not that worried. just frustrated that he won’t eat. if anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

10/01/09  03:34pm

M.viridis
View Profile

Message To: ReptileJay   In reference to Message Id: 2079148

Male GTPs will go off feed regularly during breeding season. So long as he is not dropping weight and is still normal in all other ways I wouldn’t worry at all. I have had several of my males go off feed for 4-6 months without a problem at all.

Just offer a meal every couple of weeks or so and he’ll surprise you by hammering his meal when he’s ready to start eating again. I would only offer the same type of meals that you fed before he went off feed.

10/02/09  05:16pm

ReptileJay
View Profile

Message To: M.viridis   In reference to Message Id: 2079520

Thanks. I’ve heard that before about them going off food. I just don’t know when breeding season is. It’s just frustrated. He was eating african soft-furred rats before he started playing the role of ghandi. I haven’t tried to feed him for two weeks, so i’m going to give him another week. here’s hoping.

10/02/09  08:44pm

Noyes61
View Profile

Message To: ReptileJay   In reference to Message Id: 2079634

i also have a male gtp that will go without food for 4 to 5 months during breeding season. when he is ready he’ll eat.very normal.good luck.

02/26/11  02:15pm

Jagersjungles
View Profile

Message To: ReptileJay   In reference to Message Id: 2079148

I’m having the same problem with my female aru gtp. She hasn’t eaten since April 2nd a week before I got her. I have tried all strategies on feeding her. I don’t know what to do next. Any suggestions

05/21/12  01:01am

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area