Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons Forum

Cobo   Phoenix1   Cobo   Macklot15  
 Member  Message

Cobo
View Profile

mites

I have a problem with mites, I discovered them last week, so far I have done the following,
first I put the snake in an empty container with warm water, then removed the wood pieces and placed them in HOT water with bleach, cleaned the tank with hot water and bleach, then I spayed them with reptile spray from natural chemistry and still have them.

10/18/08  08:08pm

Phoenix1
View Profile

Message To: Cobo   In reference to Message Id: 1883167

mites

I have had mite’s on a few of my snake. I usd to try all those time consuming tricks with taking out the substate and heating in the oven, bleaching the tank ect................... Well it does not aways work because mits can live a while without a host and they also lay egg’s everywhere so even if you do all that hard work they just come right back. I promise you there is only one product out there that accually works and very easy to use. The product is called Prevent A Mite Awsome stuff! You take your snake out of the cage remove all substate waterbowl ect... then spray the whole cage in an uniform manner , then let sit for a hour or so put news pager or paper towels for bedding, put water bowl back in and snake. You can put new substrate back in when you see no more mite usually a couple of weeks but make sure you spray the substrate with PAM (Prevent A Mite) before putting it in and I will promise you that mite’s are never going to come back. Just follow the instruction!

10/22/08  01:51pm

Cobo
View Profile

Message To: Phoenix1   In reference to Message Id: 1885478

mites

thanks alot, i will get this product this week when i get paid. and i will tell you how it worked for me.

10/23/08  10:19am

Macklot15
View Profile

Message To: Cobo   In reference to Message Id: 1883167

mites

I had all my snakes get invested with mites this is what the vet told me to do and it worked. You go out to the pharmecy a get a thing called betadine solution and mix it in a plastic container with water till it looks like medium tea. you put each snake in there for half an hour. while there in there wash there cge with bleach then dish soap than go to the pet store and get flea collers and chop them up and place them in the cage and seal it so the fumes kill the remaing mites. after the snake is done wash him off and put mineral oil all over his body then wash that off and put glycerine in his eyes in case they put eggs in there. after and hour take the flea collers out and air out the tank for an hour. then put paper towel in has bedding and bake all his wooden things in the stove. and use bleach to clean his hide and water dish than soap. After that clean the snake with mineral oil everyday for a couple of days. then just do it once a week for 5 weeks. if this didnt work go to the vets they will give you a solution to put on him for 5 weeks thats really expensive..make sure your vet dosent inject him with anything it will kill your snake

07/25/10  07:49pm

Back to Pythons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area