Pythons-Reticulated Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons-Reticulated Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kelso reptiles   Cphill58   Kelso reptiles   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Cage size

i would like to know the right size for a super dwarf retic. i would love to get one in the future (a couple of years from now) and would like to learn about them. theirs not much info on them on the internet. i talked to a breeder at the expo a few weeks back and he said for a full grown one a 4 foot tank by 2 by 2 would be good but that didint sound right to me. but i dont really know i would just like some more info.
thanks

09/18/12  10:49pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2280757

Cage size

I have mine in a 4x2x2...he is 10 feet and 30-35 lbs...7 years old and not growing any more in length.

I do like the idea of building a 6x2x2...just because I want too, but he is fine and remains quite content. I would love a taller more arboreal cage as well ....he loves to climb when he free roams outside on the patio...he always seeks higher ground.

09/21/12  02:35pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2281020

Cage size

thanks Cp your help is always apreciated.

09/21/12  09:05pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2281056

Cage size

your welcome Kelso...do get one...if it is a true super dwarf with great genetics it should remain at 8 ft or less.I always wondered about mine being a true "Super dwarf" but 3 people have confirmed it on face book , so i guess I will take their word for it.
With lots of attention and plenty of food they will be amazing and docile creatures....there are no words to express the amazement when I see mine cruising the room and just being a large python. climbing and knocking everything over ....OMG ...one night he knocked over the cup of baCon grease on the stove top...what a mess, the stove has never been cleaner....LMAO...and a snake has never been greasier !!

09/22/12  12:22am

Back to Pythons-Reticulated Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area