Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Reticulated Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Reticulated Forum

OwnerSince2010   Designer Dragons   Cphill58  
 Member  Message

OwnerSince2010
View Profile

Substrate of choice?

Just curious what y’all use as substrates :)

I have a dwarf so fortunately don’t have to worry about the giant giant size (I think... He said it’s a superdwarf crossed to a mainland, so should have the same sizes as dwarf) so right now I’m using the indoor-outdoor carpet terrarium liner stuff, just switched a week ago to that from coconut husk bedding on top of eco earth to help with humidity...

I kinda like it, I want something that’s easy to clean and sanitary like newspaper but I hate how newspaper looks in the enclosure so yeah :D

05/06/11  01:02am

Designer Dragons
View Profile

Message To: OwnerSince2010   In reference to Message Id: 2217630

Substrate of choice?

You can get precut liners for you racks and tank. They are like brown computer paper that is one solid peice that is designed to fit your tank.

05/06/11  08:57pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: OwnerSince2010   In reference to Message Id: 2217630

Substrate of choice?

Currently no substrate...the melamine bottom is doing fine. Makes for quick easy clean up. and I can sanitize easily too. The caulk at the joints is turning slightly yellowed from use over the past few years and I can see that I will have to re do it in the future ...but even cypress mulch will do that also.

Cypress mulch is my favorite for the boas and skinks...holds humidity well and doesn’t get moldy easily. I just can’t see using that much in a larger enclosure.

I am currently building a 2x2x4 which will have sheet vinyl on all the floors and walls. Nice pattern ...water/ moisture proof and easy to clean ...glued direct , much like a kitchen.

Cp

05/06/11  08:58pm

Back to Pythons-Reticulated Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area