Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Reticulated Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Reticulated Forum

Emerald Basiliks   Sonorone   Emerald Basiliks   ES_Tropicals   Emerald Basiliks   Joecoool2003  
 Member  Message

Emerald Basiliks
View Profile

Mites Out of No Were

Well this morning i found mites. I took care of most of them by soaking and spray mite killer on him. I hope it works. If you have anymore tips on getting rid of them tell me i would i like to no. I have no clue were they came from he didnt have them when i first brought it home. I dont no were it got them. i got rid of about 20 of them today i am going to check tomarrow and see. :(

03/17/07  09:21pm

Sonorone
View Profile

Message To: Emerald Basiliks   In reference to Message Id: 1212625

Mites Out of No Were

check around on the other snake forums I believe somewhere in the snakes general forum maybe someone did a very nice post about getting rid of mites. one of the big this is first isolate the snake and enclosure from any other reptiles. mites can travel a good distance. then not only throughly clean the enclosure but the area around the enclosure and the room itself. the cleaner you can make it the better. that is one of the common mistakes in treating for mites, most people will treat the snake and enclosure but not surrounding that mites might be at then they keep getting reinvested.

As for where they came from hard to say. what kind of substrate do you use? did you happen to get anything from outside like a stick or something in itís cage. maybe even you might have handled something outside and then handled your snake. heck they may just have found thier way in from the outside .

I will try and find that thread for you because it had alot of good info and techniques of treating mites effectively. If I do find it I will post a link to it.

03/18/07  05:32pm

Emerald Basiliks
View Profile

Message To: Sonorone   In reference to Message Id: 1213550

Mites Out of No Were

Cool Thanks i am getting rid of most of them i am working on it.

03/18/07  06:27pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Emerald Basiliks   In reference to Message Id: 1213660

Mites Out of No Were

When did you get the animal in question with mites. I can only assume from your post that it is quite a recent addition. If so the chances are, those mites came in with the animal, and you didnít notice them. This is a very common thing, many people donít notice them either because they are hidden under some scales, or are still young and quite small, which they arenít as easy to see then, due to not being all filled up with blood. Which will be when you really start to notice them crawling about on your animal and such.

As stated look up some mite posts, I know I have made my share of lengthy replies to those types of things.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

03/19/07  12:08pm

Emerald Basiliks
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 1214480

Mites Out of No Were

i got rid of them Np. I checked today and they are all gone. :)

03/22/07  04:25pm

Joecoool2003
View Profile

Message To: Emerald Basiliks   In reference to Message Id: 1218111

Mites Out of No Were

it takes longer then a day to get rid of all the mites.. they are still there you just did not notice them yet. they are hardy critters trust me... i have only delt with one case but it sucked.

03/22/07  05:58pm

Back to Pythons-Reticulated Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area