Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Pythons-Burmese Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LukeCarter   Takahiro111   LukeCarter   Takahiro111   LukeCarter   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

LukeCarter
View Profile

Hello there im new

Hello guys, im not new to reptile keeping, but on Saturday i joined the big boys club and after what seems like an eternity getting one, acquired an albino burm.

10/27/14  08:04pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: LukeCarter   In reference to Message Id: 2310547

Hello there im new

Hey lukecarter :) wow your starting with the big ones...I started with my albino burm at 6 years old now he’s a happy 17’ boy and he’s 13 and I’m 18 so we basically grew up together lol but their amazing depending on the snake and how you treat him. I tend to stay with the large animals like boas,monitors,tegus and water dragons but I’m looking for smaller reptiles to own like a red iggy or dwarf boa. Since they cages and themselves take up a lot of room...but how big is he??

10/27/14  10:08pm

LukeCarter
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310548

Hello there im new

Hi,

I had a boa many years ago and have kept and bred amazon tree boas and corn snakes. Currently we have 8 royal pythons some of which will be ready for breeding in the next few months.
The burm is only a baby weighing 124grams lol. We wanted to start from so young and watch him grow.

10/28/14  03:54pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: LukeCarter   In reference to Message Id: 2310554

Hello there im new

Yeah its cool to watch them grow I picked out the one that poked his head out the egg lol but amazon tree boas wow I heard their aggressive and are display snakes but I like the blue ones...royal pythons isn’t much of my snake because there feeding problems and their kinda small for me. But burms are cool and I love watching mine climb to the top of his cage(people think they don’t climb) but don’t let them pick up bad habits because mine did like biting me everytime its time to clean the cage and coil around my entire body like im a tree his weight is unbearable but he don’t care :)

10/28/14  04:04pm

LukeCarter
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310555

Hello there im new

eah atb’s deffinately fiesty, i got bit quite a few times. I was told to handle the burm regulary and to treat him as I would when hes older in order to get into a habit and not become complacent

10/28/14  05:13pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: LukeCarter   In reference to Message Id: 2310558

Hello there im new

Burms learn quick as they grow so while he’s younger if he hiss or nip keep holding him because if you put him down he would think as he get older if I keep biting him he’ll leave me alone so don’t let that get to his head...I got bit yesterday on my rib area because my shirt had his food scent on it, it suprised me because I forgot but hopefully yours don’t get sick of rats because mine only eat rabbits,birds. But congrats on the new burm I plan on getting a male granite burm when I move.

10/28/14  06:56pm

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area