Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Pythons-Burmese Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BigBoyzBoids   MissYouGeico   Snakes_are_awesome   Joeroy   SilverRaiyne   MissYouGeico   Londonjoe   SilverRaiyne   JeffK   Phoenix23   A.M.   SilverRaiyne   A.M.   BigBoyzBoids   Chameleon_man   BigBoyzBoids  

Member  Message

BigBoyzBoids
View Profile

Forums dead lets wake up

upon looking around i realized how dead the forum is and figured time to liven it up a little heres what i currently have up to date pics of

My 8ft male granite het albino (slim)

my 10ft normal het albino tayzie

baby granite(lil G)

14ft hypo (the god father) formerly owned by python eugenics

my 12ft normal annabelle

my special leopard sibling burm

my special leopard sibling burm(now it is not a het green it came from a burm brought fom taiwan)

my 5.5-6ft granite het albino (angelika)

and had to sneek in the baby yellow conda

01/09/12  11:45am

MissYouGeico
View Profile

Message To: BigBoyzBoids   In reference to Message Id: 2250353

Forums dead lets wake up

Not working so well for you ha?
"Wake up burm froum"?/

01/10/12  05:28pm

Snakes_are_awesome
View Profile

Message To: MissYouGeico   In reference to Message Id: 2250508

Forums dead lets wake up

man its not just this fourm its this whole site! and it sucks cuz i rembemr how it was a few years ago, but nice burms, i dont have any, just dont have the space but once i have my own place ima get into the big snakes!

01/12/12  12:30am

Joeroy
View Profile

Message To: Snakes_are_awesome   In reference to Message Id: 2250704

Forums dead lets wake up

beautiful burmese

01/12/12  12:09pm

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Forums dead lets wake up

I agree, this forum is waaaaay sleepy. but do you seriously keep your snakes in plastic bins like that?! if so you suck, that’s so cruel. at least give them a proper enclosure and room to move around.

01/12/12  01:40pm

MissYouGeico
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2250760

Forums dead lets wake up

Very true, big snakes need big space!!
U do suck if thats where they live

01/13/12  04:12pm

Londonjoe
View Profile

Message To: MissYouGeico   In reference to Message Id: 2250902

Forums dead lets wake up

smaller snakes like his baby burmese dont need large tanks and rubs ( or plastic boxes as you refer to them as) are fine. snakes dont like large spaces. in the wild snakes dont move around alot they stay in the same tree or hole.

01/14/12  02:25pm

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Message To: Londonjoe   In reference to Message Id: 2251006

Forums dead lets wake up

whatever, i still think it’s wrong and cruel to keep snakes in such tiny spaces. all my snakes have hide spaces available to them if they’re feeling exposed in their large enclosures, otherwise they are all in very big enclosures so when they want to stretch out and move around they are free to do so.

01/14/12  03:54pm

JeffK
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2251019

Forums dead lets wake up

To the OP. don’t listen to these people. The majority of my snakes are kept in plastic bins such as the ones pictured. My 11 foot retic stays in an 8x4 custom built enclosure, and 90% of the time she is curled up in the corner. My 4 foot red tail is in a 6x2, and she also stays in the corner most the time. As long as you take them out from time to time and allow them to stretch out they will be perfectly content in bins like the ones pictured. It is not in any way cruel to keep them in enclosures like those, and I think you should show a bit more respect to the OP, who is a much more experienced keeper than a lot of us on here.

And just an FYI, i’ve been keeping large snakes for a while now, and they don’t require a hide like you keep suggesting. I guarantee that if you put a hiding place in a burm’s enclosure it will be empty the majority of the time.

01/17/12  10:50pm

Phoenix23
View Profile

Message To: JeffK   In reference to Message Id: 2251444

Forums dead lets wake up

I’ll voice my opinion here since i havent in awhile...Been over on the monitor forum....

Bins= Good And Bad....

Everyone here is making a valid point... Large snakes kept in big totes is 100% cruel and unfair... The big snakes do love the space. Yes they do spend a lot of time in one corner but they still like to move and stretch out....

Balls and burms IMO are totally different when it comes to caging and be active.... Balls yes like the little spaces and really do enjoy the tubs/rack systems. Cause as someone pointed out they do live in holes and spend almost all their time there...

Now burms on the other hand will move and travel... they do not like the confined space and this is why you will see a lot of burms with rub....
My burms all started in some tanks when they were young and soon as they hit 4 feet they moved into something bigger..... My male who is about 11 feet is in a 6x3x3 enclosure and he uses every inch of it and really could do with something bigger..... Burms again are nothing like balls and i might even say nothing like retics (but ive never had a retic)....

And jeff is right about the hides..... 99% of the time burms will not use the hide... I gave mine a hide when they were young but they stopped using it aroud 4 feet.... I think burms have the attitude as to think if your going to come near me i’ll just bite you so why hide....lol...... and then when they are over 6 feet i will say 100% of the time they will not use a hide... if anything its just a waste of space in the enclosure...

Soooo IMO on the pictures.... Yes some of the burms are in dire need of a new enclosure.... but the adults are perfectly fine.... If i remember right the granite and the leopard could do with an upgrade....

Leopard is amazing by the way....

this is melan when he was young and this is his enclosure i had him in by 4 feet... He used every inch... anyone who says they dont like to climb has never had a burm or has never givin them the oppertunity

these are all kinda oldish.... summer time i think.... I’ll have to get some new o0nes up so you can see how melman has really grown.... well hope this gets the forum going and hope you enjoy the pictures...;)

01/18/12  01:42am

A.M.
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2250760

Forums dead lets wake up

Maybe this site is dead because people think it’s cool to just tell others they "suck" etc. essentially "just because" instead of providing any sort of legitimate support for their claims.

Just sayin’

I have my 15 foot burm housed in a custom enclosure that measures 8 feet x 3 feet deep x 2 feet tall

02/04/12  12:51am

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Message To: A.M.   In reference to Message Id: 2253901

Forums dead lets wake up

First off, I didn’t say that person sucks "just because"...i clearly stated my reasons for thinking so; because they keep large snakes in small bins instead of giving them proper enclosures so they can freely move around.

02/04/12  10:15am

A.M.
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2253917

Forums dead lets wake up

Those bins look appropriately sized for the snakes contained, and further, the bins look like feeding bins.

02/06/12  12:11am

BigBoyzBoids
View Profile

Forums dead lets wake up

Ok first off anyone thats been on here and goes through the site knows i have big cages built i have a big 5 cage enclosure that each individual cage is 6ft by 4ft by 2ft along with my double cage stack of 6x2x3. And my snakes get out atleast 2 times a week. And the bigger granite in the long tub is a rare occassion but along with any new snake there has to be a quarantine he was a rescue with an ri and mites. Also the leopard i would usually let get a tid bigger but i already changed his enclosure to a slightly bigger tub. Now for the arguement on tubs/totes they are by far 1000 times better then glass aquariums for a few reasons first off you can get up too 55 gallon maybe a little bigger, they hold humidity and heat better and the only thing better is custom enclosure. And thank you the leopard is one of my favorites and hes not from some of normals het green that are around parents are from another country.

02/13/12  09:42am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: BigBoyzBoids   In reference to Message Id: 2255037

Forums dead lets wake up

you could give a 2 foot snake or a 30 foot snake a huge building to live in and they are still going to find a corner and not move from that spot that often. as long as you are taking them out to let them streach every now and then then your fine. I personally dont like plastic tubs just beause i cant see the snake as well as i would like but i have nothing aginst them :-)

02/13/12  02:49pm

BigBoyzBoids
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2255069

Forums dead lets wake up

My tubs are all clear and see through. And the bigger granite was in that tub for quarantine hes in a 6x2x2 enclosure i built

02/14/12  09:22am

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area