Pythons-Burmese Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

SilverRaiyne   Getscared   SilverRaiyne   Getscared  

Member  Message

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Is this normal???

Ok, so i was wondering if it’s normal for my snakes to do this? is this stargazing?

They will sometimes stare straight up, or sometimes my red-tail boa will look up so far that his head is actually upside down and the white of his neck/belly is facing the ceiling. he will do this either pointing up into the air or sometimes while he’s lying down he will twist his head to the side so that the top of his head is resting on the ground. I’ve looked into IBD and he doesn’t seem to exhibit any other symptoms. Also, as soon as i come over to his cage he sees me and stops, or at least acknowledges i’m there before going back to it. and I’ve taken him out and flipped him upside down (especially when i first noticed him laying like that) and he rights himself right away, it’s almost like he’s just chillin like that, like that’s how he’s most comfortable or something. oh, and all my snakes do this, just not quite to the degree that Zuess does. so is this normal? and if not, what should i do about it?
oh, yeah, just so this post counts as a ’burmese python post’ =)

Striker says Hi =)

12/09/11  02:14am

Getscared
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2246582

Is this normal???

Totally normal. :) every snake I’ve ever owned does it!

12/11/11  08:51am

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Message To: Getscared   In reference to Message Id: 2246786

Is this normal???

Yeah, that’s what i figured, but this self proclaimed know-it-all was at my house the other day and he’s all like "umm, your snakes all have a serious neurological disorder and they’re all going to die a very painful death if you don’t take them to the vet now" But i’m glad to know that this just further proves he’s a freakin idiot and power-tripper & likes to think he knows everything, and his ego’s bigger than his....well you get the point. Ugh, i hate people like that!

12/11/11  02:38pm

Getscared
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2246835

Is this normal???

Hahaha nice. Don’t you love people like that? Yeah my first snake dos it and I just kinda thought he was a tard lol but every snake since him has done that. My balls rtb and king do it and they are all healthy. I’ve seen a lot of people asking about it on here too.

12/11/11  03:17pm

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area