Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Burmese Forum

Earlsgirl   Phoenix23   BigBoyzBoids  
 Member  Message

Earlsgirl
View Profile

Agressive 10 1/2 ft need help

hi. i rescued my Denise from a very neglected and abused life. i have had her about a month and she has only let mehold her once. other than that she strikes hisses and wont come out of her cage at all. She was starved feed maybe one or two frozen rats a month and kept away from any contact or veiw out of her cage for at least 6 months. never had her cage cleaned either. what do i do tomake her want to come out and be touched at all without getting bitten hopefully?

08/01/11  11:27am

Phoenix23
View Profile

Message To: Earlsgirl   In reference to Message Id: 2231277

Forum is kinda slow so i thought id give my 2 cents......

I’ve never had this problem before as i always get my snakes young.... But maybe the techniques i used for the young ones will work for the big ones......

What is she like once you get her out of the cage???..... I found that burms can be a little cage aggressive... My female albino is very very loud when going in and taking her out... but what i do is HOOK TRAIN..... i’ll always touch her head with the hook or whatever before going in to pull her out.... If she turns to you you push her head away.... dont let her get close enough to be able to bite ya.....

I dont know if you know this but burms are very loud snakes... My female and male albino both are so damn loud when first being touched.... But then my male het albino is puppy tame and has never hissed or showed any sign of defensive position.....

Just going to take patience.... Good for you for rescuing her.....post some pictures

08/02/11  10:52am

BigBoyzBoids
View Profile

Message To: Earlsgirl   In reference to Message Id: 2231277

well i would have to say it is time to invest in getting a snake hook just to help get her out. make sure before just dragging her out you tap her a time or 2 and let her know its you and not a bunny if she lets you get her out and is only hissy in the cage no worries. like phoenix said burms are LOUD snakes lol. they second my guys see me you can hear them the next floor down lol. i have a few that are jumpy but usually i touch them with the hook let them know its me and just work slowly. my female i just got usually goes to crawl away and then i can pull her toward me with my hands the hook isnt needed after then. they also let me know when they want left alone they will have a stand off with me and not move an inch and that is when i leave them alone. i learned the hard way with my 7ft normal.lol but just a little bit of work here and there and shell develop trust. if she only hisses but lets you get her out thats normal for 98% of them

08/05/11  04:12pm

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area