Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Pythons-Burmese Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jm4372   Phoenix23   Jm4372   Boomalang   Gunslinger   Jm4372   BigBoyzBoids   Kelso reptiles   OwnerSince2010   REPTILE81   SilverRaiyne   TheSurfer   Jm4372  

Member  Message

Jm4372
View Profile

Burm bite

Well after having him almost 15 years I got too comfortable and careless feeding my 12 ft burm the other night and got attacked. I have to admit I always wondered what it would feel like. Well it was more painful and scary than I ever imagined. LOL. Did a pretty good number on my hand until I could get loose. Anyone else ever gotten any nasty bites?

05/22/11  09:25am

Phoenix23
View Profile

Message To: Jm4372   In reference to Message Id: 2220346

Burm bite

No im not that careless you idiot......lol.... Just kidding.... butt sniff happens just goes to show you that you can never let your gaurd down when they get in the feeding mood.... I always say that my snakes would never bite anyone but you know what they say....never say never......

but towards the topic... I have never been biten by a burm before...came close once tho...lol... The only thing i have ever been biten by was a young yellow conda... Kinda hurt but only for the 5 minutes.... oh and a baby caimen(egghead).... But i dont even think i could imagine what its like being bit by a 12 foot burm....damn

Can’t imagine this going into my arm or hand

05/22/11  01:18pm

Jm4372
View Profile

Message To: Phoenix23   In reference to Message Id: 2220404

Burm bite

Thats an awesome pic! Making me cringe though just looking at it. Flashbacks. lol.

05/23/11  05:38am

Boomalang
View Profile

Message To: Jm4372   In reference to Message Id: 2220538

Burm bite

Back when my biggest albino granit was around 8ft or so I had taken a couple valiums and "foolishly stuck my hand in to pull her out and before I knew it she had struck around my thumb and palm and coiled around my arm up to my shoulder thus twisting my arm and pulling me towards the cage. It would have been scary if I hadn’t have taken the valiums lol. One of the big fangs caught a vein so it was spitting blood pretty bad. Ended up bruising the bone in my thumb. By the way I had a date over when all this happened lol.

06/02/11  11:35pm

Gunslinger
View Profile

Message To: Jm4372   In reference to Message Id: 2220346

Burm bite

Hey Jm,It was about 8 years ago "Chester" had a wheez.He was pushing 14 to 15 feet and weighed in around 135 pounds.The vet we took him to use to be a curator of reptiles at the local zoo.My brother cradled head in the crook of his elbo,I was in the middle,and our Dad cradled the tail.None of us had a death grip on him,but the vet gave him the first 2 shots,got a third one ready and comented..."they usually don’t like this one.And he didn’t.He nailed my brother.He had teeth marks starting from the center of his breast bone all the way up to his temple.He was pulling teeth out of his cheek for years to come.I had Chester"s photo in my photos,I don’t know if it’s still there.Been a while since I’ve visited here.Have a good one,Gunslinger

06/20/11  07:17pm

Jm4372
View Profile

Message To: Gunslinger   In reference to Message Id: 2225921

Burm bite

Ouch! I bet that was an interesting scene at the vets. lol. Hope these stories can help someone else avoid being bit or make them take some extra precautions because it can and does happen. And its faster than lightning. Took my wounds about 2 weeks to heal and I dont have any feeling now down the whole side of my pinky finger and part of the side of my hand so I got some permanent nerve damage. In hindsight I am glad the bite wasnt a few inches higher and on the wrist.

06/23/11  06:02am

BigBoyzBoids
View Profile

Message To: Jm4372   In reference to Message Id: 2226246

Burm bite

never been bit by my burms. but my retics, red tails, rainbow boas, rats, and a california kingsnake hatchling have bit me. i think the king snake pissed me off the most the guy gave it to me to hold and it tried to bite me good thing there so little as babies. an 8ft boa i had out the one day was crawling over my shoulder and decided my neck looked good i grabbed her by the head looked at the old lady and said get this smarty pants off me. did she just bite me and she fell on the bloor laughing. and lastly my puppy dog tame retic i used to have decided after i got him at it was a good idea to bite me in the a** and believe me a 14+ ft retic biting there doesnt feel too good. i think he was mad cause i wouldnt let him eat the dog a few days before that.

07/07/11  09:07am

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: BigBoyzBoids   In reference to Message Id: 2227904

Burm bite

haha funny story the retic part reminds me of his one show where brady barr was looking for retics in asia and found a 20 foot (i think it was a little bit longer but cant remember) retic and he was in a cave and in some watter and it bit him on the HAHA LOLOLOLOL

08/28/11  06:07pm

OwnerSince2010
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2234763

Burm bite

Only time I’ve ever been bit is by my 7’ at the time female retic. Struck and wrapped my hand, didn’t let go for ~ 10 minutes when I got fed up and put a little bit of vodka on my hand... Let go almost instantly.

Next day it was more bruising than anything, looked like I scraped my hand on a fence >.>

10/08/11  04:56am

REPTILE81
View Profile

Message To: OwnerSince2010   In reference to Message Id: 2239651

Burm bite

oh man Ive been bit countless times. mostly me being careless i use to work in a reptile facility and managed over 500 snakes. so i got used to the nip every no and then but the big bite i remember most is one of my newly rescued burms when i was younger. 13 foot normal burm bit me on my chest warning man bot nipple haha .

11/21/11  08:04pm

SilverRaiyne
View Profile

Message To: REPTILE81   In reference to Message Id: 2244974

Burm bite

ouch, ouch, OUCH!! none, of those bite wounds or stories of wounds sounds any fun at all. Thankfully my big burm hasn’t ever bit me, yet. But i don’t give her the chance too often, and i never even open the door to her enclosure unless my husband is home, just in case she does decide to go for me. Both of my boas have bit me pretty good before, but my male didn’t really mean to, i was tossing a rat to him and the little turned and grabbed hold of me so my snake struck at the rat and got me instead, but he let go almost instantly and got the rat. i was bit by about 10 baby corn snakes all at once, lol, reached my hand into a cage that appeared to be empty, ran my hand thru the bedding and came up with a bunch of corn snakes hanging off my hand. My iguana has gotten me quite a few times, but it’s usually my fault cuz i’ll be screwing with her, she head bobs and tells me to leave her alone and if i don’t the next thing i know she turns and gives me a good little bite. But the latest thing to bite, and i still have freshly healing wounds to prove it, was last week during feeding time somehow the box i had all the rats in got turned over and i had about 10 rats running around in my house, i had to chase them all down and catch them and each and every one of those little shitheads bit me, but my snakes got them back for me =)

11/22/11  11:25am

TheSurfer
View Profile

Message To: SilverRaiyne   In reference to Message Id: 2245027

Burm bite

SilverRaiyne,

Quote:

reached my hand into a cage that appeared to be empty, ran my hand thru the bedding and came up with a bunch of corn snakes hanging off my hand.

That’s Awesome!!!

11/25/11  03:45am

Jm4372
View Profile

Message To: TheSurfer   In reference to Message Id: 2245254

Burm bite

81 I feel your pain on that one. Cool scar though. :) Its like that scene in Jaws. everyone showing their scars and telling their story. lol

12/09/11  11:11am

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area