Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Burmese Forum

Venom6547   Cphill58   CANTCME   Venom6547   CANTCME   Qqqqz   Boomalang   TheSurfer  
 Member  Message

Venom6547
View Profile

Another burm! this time male granite with reduced pattern

Just picked up a male granite a little while ago, seemed pretty nice wasnt doing much in my hands but boy oh boy when i was driving home he stuck at me, and once i got home i just left him in his cage and when i went to go check him out he didnt move and kept striking at me, I’m pretty sure the only reason he wasn’t striking when i held hm was because He wasn’t warmed up and now that he’s all warm hes a little jerk haha. It’s gonna be fun taming him down he does have a cool pattern every couple of inches theres a band of reduced pattern so he must be het for something, I’ll try and get pics soon :P

04/16/11  03:06pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Venom6547   In reference to Message Id: 2214701

Feed him as he is probably hungry....LOL

Post Pics soon !

04/22/11  10:56pm

CANTCME
View Profile

Message To: Venom6547   In reference to Message Id: 2214701

that is the fun part about the baby burms! good luck with him cant wait to see the pics.

04/23/11  10:29pm

Venom6547
View Profile

Message To: CANTCME   In reference to Message Id: 2215688

Heres some pictures of him, as you can see I was not taking chances being bitten that’s why i was wearing gloves lol. He still hasn’t calmed down at all still strikes at me but oh well.

notice the patterns faded

05/02/11  04:59pm

CANTCME
View Profile

Message To: Venom6547   In reference to Message Id: 2216992

pick him up everyday 2 days a day for a month. then take the glove off. by then he should of calm down then.

05/02/11  09:05pm

Qqqqz
View Profile

Message To: CANTCME   In reference to Message Id: 2217052

My burmese is about the same size as yours and also granite.

Take him out with a hook and place him on your bare hand. That’s what’s I’ve been doing with mine and it works great. Mine only tries to strike if I reach for him. Hes fine once I get him out. Just as calm as any of my boas.

05/03/11  01:37am

Boomalang
View Profile

Message To: Qqqqz   In reference to Message Id: 2217088

A lot of granites have similar breaks in pattern, it doesn’t symbolize that it’s het for anything. I’m not sure if it’s genetical though, or if the patterns are unique to each one. You won’t notice as much with Albinos. Yours looks nice though, I’ve never seen it go every couple inches like that. Both of my granites are Albino and as far as I can tell they don’t have any breaks.

05/04/11  02:39pm

TheSurfer
View Profile

Message To: Boomalang   In reference to Message Id: 2217319

I just picked up a baby granite the other day. He looks similar to yours, but not with as much of a reduced pattern. And his attitude is not very nice! haha. tries to get me every chance he has. I see it’s been a while since you last posted something on this thread, but if you happen to see it, how is yours doing now?? Any calmer?
Here is a crappy phone pic I took of him in his QT tub, but with a smaller water bowl.

10/28/11  02:23am

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area