Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Burmese Forum

Venom6547   Boomalang   Venom6547   Boomalang  
 Member  Message

Venom6547
View Profile

Bateater questions,

I’m just curious on how people do it, male burm female retic? other way around? can the retic be a dwarf or does that change everything? and do you even get bateaters first try? sorry for all the questions just curious, I’m not going to try it, it must be difficult if they are very expensive.thank you ! :)

03/20/11  06:51pm

Boomalang
View Profile

Message To: Venom6547   In reference to Message Id: 2210653

Bateater questions,

I haven’t bred them together yet, but I plan to start trying next yet when my female retic is of size. It’s extremely hard from what I know. You have to really set the mood for them, as far as temps and humidity being almost perfect. The first batch of eggs that is produced are usually all dead, or empty, (not sure which), but either way doesn’t usually produce any bat-eaters. From what I understand, after that you can successfully breed bat-eaters, or you may continue to try fruitlessly. I haven’t found a breeder yet that will reveal any advice about it. The worst that can usually happen though is that your snakes get a little stressed for a bit and you don’t get any bat-eaters.

03/20/11  07:25pm

Venom6547
View Profile

Message To: Boomalang   In reference to Message Id: 2210672

Bateater questions,

Ah alrighty thanks, I was wondering because I was talking to someone at a family owned pet store nice place, and he was trying to get me to buy a baby male burm and wait til he gets to size and try and breed him to my female dwarf retic, I didn’t get a burm but it was just making me wonder if it was even possible to breed to a jampea dwarf. but thank you for clearing that up

03/20/11  07:50pm

Boomalang
View Profile

Message To: Venom6547   In reference to Message Id: 2210680

Bateater questions,

If I’m not wrong, I think someone actually asked on the retic forum once if it was possible to breed a burm to a dwarf retic and got an answer. You’d have to skim down in the posts though and look for it, it could have been a year ago.

03/20/11  09:11pm

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area