Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Burmese Forum

Buffaloriver   Phoenix23   Buffaloriver   KimboSliceEatsCats   Phoenix23   BigBoyzBoids   JeffK   Boomalang   Phoenix23   Boomalang  
 Member  Message

Buffaloriver
View Profile

To Mark Johnson take this as a personal attack

you would do well to stay off of my post I bet I am older and way more experienced in animals than you will ever be my limited experience with burms is just that its a new species for me Do you not realize that if you have a stressed young snake you do not throw it in a large tank and stress it further you keep it warm in a small tank with a good hide until you know it is secure enough for the big enclosures I am pretty sure that goes for any species of snake! so yes I really said that and God has nothing to do with it ! Thank You

As for the two large adults yes I know what I am getting into I have been waiting 13 years for a big snake because I was responsible enough to know I didnt need one with small children in my home I have no idea why you are talking about the enclosure what do you think im gonna do let em run loose in the house haha I bet you are some wet behind the ears lil child getting some kind of ego trip judging someone else’s choice of pet but I promise if you could take care of one I can take care of 3

Like I said stay off my post !!!!!

01/16/11  01:35am

Phoenix23
View Profile

Message To: Buffaloriver   In reference to Message Id: 2198653

This is rediculous and very immature..... if someone says something to you that you dont like just ignore it... be the better person.... BUT i looked at what he was posting and nothing i saw was out of line... all his comment were legit and well said.... so for you to come on here and blow up like you did is really childish...

01/17/11  01:39am

Buffaloriver
View Profile

Message To: Phoenix23   In reference to Message Id: 2198884

The purpose of these forums are for ppl to enjoy thier snakes and share info if someone can not ask for info without getting slammed there is really no point he set out to personally attack my post he was flat out being a smart @ss with his (oh my god did you really say that ) crap he wasnt in line at all but i will leave your lil forum and not bother you guys anymore as it seems i am not wanted here it can go back to being dead just as I found it
Thanks
Keisha

01/17/11  08:57am

KimboSliceEatsCats
View Profile

Message To: Buffaloriver   In reference to Message Id: 2198902

You did not get slammed, the guy called you out on something, and said before hand that it was honest criticism and he was not trying to make you angry, but you still freaked out, so obviously he was right on the dot when calling you out, cause even though he said it wasnt personal you took it personally.
Something I would have done when I was 12. I know that guy knows what he is talking about because all of his other post are knowledgeable and helpful. So maybe just maybe he may know what he is talking about. These snakes are a big responsibility and it is ignorant to not make it seem like a huge deal that you are taking in animals of this magnitude, when you clearly were not even capable of a week with a young managebale snake before you needed help and advice. These snakes alone have caused problems for responsible reptile keepers everywhere, and there is a good reason people stress out when someone gets a few animals and talks about them lightly as if the responsibility required to keep them is nothing.

Im sure anything I just said was a personal attack as well.

01/17/11  04:17pm

Phoenix23
View Profile

Message To: KimboSliceEatsCats   In reference to Message Id: 2198992

Well put Kimbo....

01/18/11  12:16am

BigBoyzBoids
View Profile

Message To: Phoenix23   In reference to Message Id: 2199090

i got to agree about it not realy being an attack on you but more constructive criticism and this post is one of the first i seen attacking someone for something. wish you all the luck and glad you wanted to make sure kids were grown but to me that shows in a way some sort of lack of responsibility. we have 5 kids here and 3 burms, a retic, 6 boas, a yellow anaconda, 2 blood pythons, 2 ball pythons and no worries about the kids getting to the burms due to locking the door and an alarm on it. not saying for sure that you lack responsibility but waiting 13 years due to kids in the house is a lame excuse to me but good luck with your snakes and hopefully you wont be irresponsible.

01/18/11  01:57pm

JeffK
View Profile

Message To: BigBoyzBoids   In reference to Message Id: 2199187

I agree with all the above posters. You came on here asking for help, and as soon as you got your problems fixed, you went and purchased two more? I can see where Mark is coming from with his post. And to post a thread like this is extremely childish. No need to attack someone who was offering constructive criticism.

01/18/11  08:16pm

Boomalang
View Profile

Message To: JeffK   In reference to Message Id: 2199311

I thinks that in the future whenever someone doesn’t handle critism well, we should direct them to this post as an example of how NOT to handle critism. I’ve been on this forum for years and have never seen anyone react this childish. But understand, we don’t want you to leave this site, just understand that on this site we help eachother and give advice to people that need it, even if they don’t ask for it. Burmese pythons have been being banned state by state, and its solely because people have been irresponsible with pets. Please stay on this site and ask for help when you think you need it, and accept advice, even if you think you don’t need it. I’m sorry you felt like you were being attacked, but he was just concerned, for you and the snakes. I have 11 snakes, six of them burms, 4 of them over 10 ft. I have them in custom enclosures that cost me a couple thousand to build, and a lot of time. There are also other considerations with large snakes. Have you looked into hook training? I had my hand bitten by a 7ft burm a couple years ago. She struck at my hand thinking it was prey when I was getting her out. She broke my thumb, and would have probably have dislocated my shoulder if id been any less ready for it because she pulled me into the cage as she coiled around my arm. These snakes are unbelievably powerful. Good luck with them. If you need any advice please ask.

01/19/11  02:59pm

Phoenix23
View Profile

Message To: Boomalang   In reference to Message Id: 2199461

Very good post Boomalang.... I totally agree with you...

You have some beautiful burms and i would definitly like to see more of them and help you out in anyway i can on advice.... It was only a year and a bit ago that i got my first burm and had probably the same questions you have right now...... I recieved lots of tips and help from very knowlegable people on here and it made me the responsible keeper i am today

01/19/11  07:00pm

Boomalang
View Profile

Message To: Phoenix23   In reference to Message Id: 2199530

Thanks man. Yea it’s totally crazy to think that I got my first burm just a little over 2 years ago, just a little baby, and now I’ve got a bunch of monsters in my basement lol.

01/29/11  12:49pm

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area