Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Burmese Forum

Buffaloriver   MarkJohnson   Buffaloriver   Buffaloriver   Meganburch32  
 Member  Message

Buffaloriver
View Profile

Tomorrow is the big day going to Ga. to get my big boy and girl

welp they are coming 1..1 male is albino female is normal both 12 feet here is a pic of the male

01/14/11  10:22pm

MarkJohnson
View Profile

Message To: Buffaloriver   In reference to Message Id: 2198420

This is honest criticism, and is not a personal attack.

You just got a juvenile, from the recent events of you worrying about it, it is obvious your experience is limited, and your knowledge and understanding of snakes alone only goes so far, not to mention this is your first experience with the species. So you are getting TWO more large adults, when you already have a limited understanding of the responsibility and effort it takes to successfully keep the species.

Do you realize how big a 12 foot snake is? I used to think that way, one time I was like oh, I am getting a 5 ft burm, it will do fine in this cage for a while, I get it, I still think it is rather small, the next day I look at it, and go crap, I gotta make a cage soon, this snake is bigger than it seemed.

Trust me, big snakes are a pain, my last giant was my Olive python, she was pushing 17 feet and still growing slowly but surely at 18 years old before she passed. You already dont realize what you have gotten your self into, now you got your self to the point of no return.

01/15/11  09:33pm

Buffaloriver
View Profile

Message To: MarkJohnson   In reference to Message Id: 2198605

here they are I am warming them from their cooling period the man I bought them from had them in neither have ever been bred so I am gonna give it a try ( I really hope Mark Johnson doesnt mind I would hate to get another lecture ) these guys have been residence of a petting zoo for the last 10 yrs in north Ga they did birthday parties too now the zoo is shut down and they really needed a good home their keeper wanted them to go somewhere they would be appreciated and handled like they are accustomed to . their names are Casper and Wendy I think they will make beautiful babies too

01/16/11  01:56am

Buffaloriver
View Profile

Message To: Buffaloriver   In reference to Message Id: 2198656

hmm maybe I should mention that this enclosure is 3 ft wide cause this pic doesnt do justice to the size of these big babies

01/16/11  01:58am

Meganburch32
View Profile

Message To: Buffaloriver   In reference to Message Id: 2198657

I do not believe that you realize what you got yourself into here with these big snakes. How big is the enclosure lxwxh? How big are their seperate enclosures? As it isn’t wise to keep them together year round.

Megan

01/19/11  03:31am

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area