Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Burmese Forum

Stickerarrow   BigBoyzBoids   Boomalang  
 Member  Message

Stickerarrow
View Profile

Looking for some help

i have 2 snakes 1 albino burmese python ( Striker) we had for about a year and a burmese python (Arrow) we had for about 2 months. here the problem when my boyfriend brought arrow we put it in the same cadge as striker come to find out arrow had mites and stiker then got mites really bad we have been able to over come the mites but striker has lots of red blotches on him and arrow being so dark i unable to tell if he got red blotches but since then arrow has been foaming fro m the mouth and has a weezing sound . he scales come off one by one. stiker was eatting large rabbits but now he just kills them and refuses to eat them . i am very concerned. these are my boyfriends snakes and he had to go away for six months i never had any pets before .. any advise would help . thanks

11/13/10  06:14pm

BigBoyzBoids
View Profile

Message To: Stickerarrow   In reference to Message Id: 2187333

Looking for some help

mites are a bad thing. if you dont mind me asking how did you get rid of them? mites can transfer internal parasites to the snakes. what is the setup you have the snakes in? how big are the snakes? any pictures possible? im not to familiar with scale rot because i have only read about it but know it needs medical treatment. as for the weezing it could be a symptom of an ri or depending on how bad the mites were something else. although all of our advice could be correct and helpful some advice could be harmful. and regardless if you take someones advice and try there remedy find a good reptil vet and get them checked out. i have an albino burm, a normal het burm, a super hypo boa, a super hypo jungle, and a savannah monitor. and if something happened to them id be devistated. when i got my female she had mites her eye was swollen and after treating and getting rid of them she is all better. took her to the vet for just to be safe. if you cant afford it call a local reptile rescue and see if they can help you or something . just please get them checked. pictures and ages sizes and housing conditions would help

11/14/10  09:38pm

Boomalang
View Profile

Message To: BigBoyzBoids   In reference to Message Id: 2187521

Looking for some help

First separate the two snakes immediately! Snakes are solitary and being housed with another snake can cause it a great deal of stress. That might be your problem right there. Too much stress can literally kill a snake over a period of time. I would take it to the vet and then keep it in a separate sterile cage afterwards.

11/15/10  06:23pm

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area