Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Burmese Forum

KimboSliceEatsCats   Qqqqz   AlbinoBurm   AlbinoBurm   KimboSliceEatsCats   AlbinoBurm   AlbinoBurm   TheSurfer  
 Member  Message

KimboSliceEatsCats
View Profile

Look what I found

My halloween present.............I found this snake on a jogging trail while I was riding my bike, near the woods, it was like christmas morning. It was just going into some bushes when I jumped off my bike and grabbed it and pulled it out before it was out of my reach, as I pulled it out it turned right around to bite me, but after I messed with it for a bit and got it onto the trail it calmed down. It is 9 feet 5 inches, and not that skinny for being out for a little while it seems. It had mites, and possibly an RI, and was dehyrdated, but I gave it a bucket to drink from and it took a long drink and blew some bubbles and its nose cleared up, it was clogged with mucus.

11/02/10  05:18pm

Qqqqz
View Profile

Message To: KimboSliceEatsCats   In reference to Message Id: 2185190

Look what I found

Very nice find! Where are you from?

11/03/10  01:03am

AlbinoBurm
View Profile

Message To: Qqqqz   In reference to Message Id: 2185308

Look what I found

thats a great find ! dont let him go !!! take em to the vet for the R I !

I dont like the way your holding him. Mabey it’s just me but i try to hold more of his body so he feels secure. otherwise you might find your self in a bad situation fast !!

Not trying to harp on ya. :) thats a nice looking albino !
keep us posted

11/03/10  02:35am

AlbinoBurm
View Profile

Message To: AlbinoBurm   In reference to Message Id: 2185316

Look what I found

if your from Missouri thats someones pet you should try to find the owner. I would post on the craigslist
and dont be spasific on the size and color. let them tell you what he looks like.
If you have no hit’s keep em. that would be the right thing to do.

11/03/10  02:41am

KimboSliceEatsCats
View Profile

Message To: AlbinoBurm   In reference to Message Id: 2185317

Look what I found

This snake is not the kind you can take out and put on peoples shoulders for pictures.....it looked to be in the wild for a little while, so it was hungry, stressed, and on top of that it was shedding. That is why I was holding it, I was being cautious.

I am in Fl, I have no room for a snake like this, and these snakes are banned, so I handed the snake over to a licensed keeper.

Quote:

if your from Missouri thats someones pet you should try to find the owner. I would post on the craigslist
and dont be spasific on the size and color. let them tell you what he looks like.
If you have no hit’s keep em. that would be the right thing to do.

I dont agree with that, if someone is irresponsible enough to lose a slow moving 50 lb 9.5 foot animal, they do not deserve it back, especially a dangerous animal. Because of irresponsible people the ban is here in Fl. Besides, I think it was dumped, the road I found it near is popular for dumping things, including snakes I guess.

11/03/10  04:10pm

AlbinoBurm
View Profile

Message To: KimboSliceEatsCats   In reference to Message Id: 2185462

Look what I found

Well guess what buddy :) it’s illegal for you to possess this snake in florida !
I would call animal controll and have them find a home for it in another state.
Just sayin we dont need no more bad press !

11/04/10  01:01am

AlbinoBurm
View Profile

Message To: AlbinoBurm   In reference to Message Id: 2185561

Look what I found

guess you did already my hats off to ya.
Must have been hard to give up ! I would have faught to the death to keep that one.
But you made the right move.

11/04/10  05:22am

TheSurfer
View Profile

Message To: AlbinoBurm   In reference to Message Id: 2185578

Look what I found

Quote:

if someone is irresponsible enough to lose a slow moving 50 lb 9.5 foot animal, they do not deserve it back, especially a dangerous animal.

agreed

11/09/10  12:11am

Back to Pythons-Burmese Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area