Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Breeding Forum

JH123   Scimma   Getscared   Scimma  
 Member  Message

JH123
View Profile

Looking for a good book.

Does anyone know a book or two I could get that would go into detail on the breeding of BP’s? I want one that would include a how to guide on the color morphs. Also want it to include or another book on how to identify the known morphs.

I have kept snakes for a long time and am now getting very interested in trying my hand at breeding them. I just don’t want to breed normal after normal. I know that usually half a clutch or more will end up that way so I just want to make sure that my buying spree of breeding size adults is kept at minimal cost and that I don’t get anything that wont end up being anything I can’t use to get the snakes I want.

Anyway, just need a couple of books on breeding that include the how to on the morphs, like, what to breed with what to get what sort of thing. and of course a guide or book on morph identification.

07/10/09  09:17pm

Scimma
View Profile

Message To: JH123   In reference to Message Id: 2037447

Looking for a good book.

The best book to purchase on BP morphs, is Designer Morphs, unfortunately, it is very dificult to find and fairly expensive compared to most books. as far as a how too, google!! there are entirely to many how too’s posted online in PDF form or on breeder websites.

07/20/10  02:24am

Getscared
View Profile

Message To: JH123   In reference to Message Id: 2037447

Looking for a good book.

I found a couple of helpful websites on color morphs but i am on a different computer right now. If you reply to this and remind me (so i will get the notification) i will link you to what i have found :)

09/26/10  08:40pm

Scimma
View Profile

Message To: Getscared   In reference to Message Id: 2177638

Looking for a good book.

snake-zone.com, has a list of ALL genetic morphs, explanations, descriptions and pictures, and its free!!

10/09/10  05:29am

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area