Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Breeding Forum

Albino_swain   Albino_swain   PAc0   Conan   Grunt  
 Member  Message

Albino_swain
View Profile

Breeding albino burms

i’m very experienced with snakes and am interested in breeding my burms but know very little in this area. they are both albino. she is almost 6ft and he is slightly larger. she is 1yr and he is almost 1.5yrs. my vet said they are both healthy enough and ready to breed. but what i’m reading here is i should wait until she is larger (8+ ft). i care about all of my animals very much and take very good care of them. i don’t want to do anything to put either of my snakes in danger. they have never been in direct contact with each other but are kept in the same room (separate enclosures). my vet said to use a fabric material that will absorb the females hormones and scent and introduce that to the male before introducing them directly. basically i just want to know the safest and most effective way to introduce the two and essentially breed them. i’m willing to do this patiently and take as long as i need to to do this safely. they are both very friendly and very VERY rarely show aggression. any tips or information is greatly appreciated.

thanks
nick

02/28/08  03:09pm

Albino_swain
View Profile

Message To: Albino_swain   In reference to Message Id: 1641494

Breeding albino burms

i could really use some advice on this. i’m not going to do anything to put any of my animals in any type of potentially harmful position. any input would be great. otherwise i’ll just have a couple of great snakes for a good portion of my life. but momma didn’t raise no quitter. these are my babies.

03/05/08  01:57am

PAc0
View Profile

Message To: Albino_swain   In reference to Message Id: 1648576

Breeding albino burms

your female needs to be at least 10 ft and your male about 7 -9ft that is pretty much what i know about breeding burmese but i know that part

03/11/08  06:11pm

Conan
View Profile

Message To: PAc0   In reference to Message Id: 1657238

Breeding albino burms

6tf sounds like your burms are still under one year of age.

04/19/08  09:09am

Grunt
View Profile

Message To: Albino_swain   In reference to Message Id: 1641494

Breeding albino burms

OK first off size is not always an issue you should be more worried about age at one yr old your female is nowhere near ready( find a vet that knows what the *&%@ he is talking about ). most females do not even mature until they are between 2 and 4 yrs of age as for size I have seen many people breed at 8-9 ft, but my personal oppinion is even if a snake is old enough I would wait. for 2 reasons one is to make sure she is healthy and heavy enough to recoop after egg laying and 2 is to be less concerned about her getting egg bound and dying from breeding to small. I know many who have tried to breed such small snakes and lose them and I also know that most people that do succeed in breeding such small animals have small clutches with a low hatch rate.

04/22/08  03:47pm

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area