Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Breeding Forum

PAc0   M.viridis   PAc0   M.viridis   PAc0   HappyHillbilly  
 Member  Message

PAc0
View Profile

Socal probing

im looking for someone that knows how to prob a snake properly and lives in sothern california. i have a 9 foot albino burm and i want to get another one for breeding in the future but i do no tyet know how to prob and dont trust any local vets enough to have them do it . so if you live in so cal let me know if your willing thanks

01/23/08  06:04pm

M.viridis
View Profile

Message To: PAc0   In reference to Message Id: 1591342

Socal probing

Where in SoCal are you? It’s a pretty big area.

Are you sure you want to breed burmese pythons? They are one of the most commonly found reptiles in rescue.... and too many are just dumped into the native habitat. There are so many available by established breeders that there really is no reason to produce more in captivity.

I KNOW that even albino burms come through rescue, I even took one on myself... she was very large and very skinny because the owner was unable to afford the food. I wound up practically giving her away to LLL Reptile after getting her back in shape because I couldn’t find a home that would provide me with pics of adequate housing. People wanted her, but nobody was prepared to take proper care of her. I wasn’t even selling her... it was a free to good home situation!!

01/24/08  09:08pm

PAc0
View Profile

Message To: M.viridis   In reference to Message Id: 1593001

Socal probing

i understand that totaly and i respect you very much to do that i have taken in 3 ball pythons and 2 red tails when i used to work at a pet store. And simi valley is where i live by the way. If i could find an albino green for rescue i would love to take it i dont expect to get one right now but in the future i would like to. I also am in the proses of rehabilitating my friends male albino burm but i have already gotten my burm probed it is a male

01/25/08  01:32am

M.viridis
View Profile

Message To: PAc0   In reference to Message Id: 1593437

Socal probing

Cool.... hmmmmm, Simi Valley, you are at the other end of SoCA than I am. I have a friend up in Burbank area that I’m sure would probe for you if you could make the trip to his place. Once I get north of Disneyland it all runs together and I’m not sure how far that might be. If interested send me a pm and I’ll get it set up for you.

01/25/08  10:19am

PAc0
View Profile

Message To: M.viridis   In reference to Message Id: 1593678

Socal probing

thanks for the help but it turned out that my friend has a friend that can do it and closer but thanks a lot

01/25/08  03:19pm

HappyHillbilly
View Profile

Message To: PAc0   In reference to Message Id: 1593957

Socal probing

Post a photo of the tail end, sideview, from tail-end to about a foot or so in front of the vent. Burms are usually easy to visibly sex so no need for taking chances probing.

Probing isn’t that hard once you’ve seen it done the right way a few times. The fella coming to probe yours may very well know what they’re doing, that’s for you to judge, not me.

Post a pic, what have you got to lose?

Take care!
HH

01/26/08  01:48pm

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area