Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pythons-Breeding Forum

King of sSNAKESs   King of sSNAKESs   Snowrider   King of sSNAKESs  
 Member  Message

King of sSNAKESs
View Profile

BP breeding, simple questions, answers ASAP!

What would happen if I bred a 100% het pied female with a normal male?

What are the chances of the babies being pied? and would the pieds be het? would the normal siblings be het?

I just want to check.

Oh ya, what about a 50% het pied female with a normal male? same questions

10/30/07  09:28am

King of sSNAKESs
View Profile

Message To: King of sSNAKESs   In reference to Message Id: 1495609

Im not sure, but doesnt it go something like this? I got this answer to the same question on yahoo answers.

You wonít get any pieds at all. All will be normals. Approximately 50% of the clutch will be het for pieds, and 50% will not be het for anything. But there is no way to look at them and know which are hets and which are not, so they are called 50% possible hets for piebald. Since your female is the het, you can hold back all of the male offspring and raise them up to adults. You can then breed them back to your het female. Since you know there is a 50/50 chance of the males being het, you could possibly produce a piebald.

Say the male is 50% het, does that then mean that about 50% of the clutch will be piebald?
same question simplified- What If I breed a 100% het pied female to a 50% het pied male? what percent of my clutch will be pied?

10/30/07  09:39am

Snowrider
View Profile

Message To: King of sSNAKESs   In reference to Message Id: 1495614

The first part is correct. As far as 100% to 50%. It would be the same as 100% to 100% because if it is a het then its a het there is no degree of being a het. The 50% means that it has a 50/50 chance of being a het.

So if you hit the odds and breed the right one or all males back you would have a 25% chance of getting Piedís.

10/30/07  10:54pm

King of sSNAKESs
View Profile

Message To: Snowrider   In reference to Message Id: 1496309

ok, thanks.

10/31/07  12:09pm

Back to Pythons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area